xp sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRn

In the zone
hey guys i have xp sp1 in my computer and i am interested in keeping xpsp2.is it wise cuz ma friends say sp2 gives lots of probs especially in gaming.my configs are p4,xp pro,128mb ddr ram,20gb hdd(SUCKS!!).so wat should i do. :D :wink:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
sp2 is a breeze and after using it the update frequency of windows has become really less ... its a critical update according to me and is highly recommended. i have played many many games for the past 1 year and have not faced any issues with sp2. update asap !!!

rohanbee

Padawan
SP2 gives problems in gaming. Thats a new one for me. As far as i am concerned some of my games had sections which stated better performance with sp2 pack. Go ahead i don't think there will be any problem.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
SP2 is a critical upgrade which makes ur system more safe ..... wat F*** it has to do with games! :shock:

Come out of rumours & better upgrade ur XP to SP2 ... it will only be useful for ya .. surely it wont cause U ne kind of trouble in gaming! upgrade it!

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@navjotsingh
hey buddy i dont think it is required that u have min 512 mb of ram before upgrading to sp2 ... sp2 has the same requirements as xp. please dont simply make your own minimum requirements and hence discourage a lot of people from updating and being secure. i think 128 mb will be just fine for xp or sp2. and not everybody needs/has a zipping experience. sp2 is a highly recommended critical update.

rajas

In the zone
Mohit is absolutely right. No hardware upgrades needed for SP2.
System Requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 2
May b Navjot is saying this for good performance.

Hey chwamiki if you wanna order a XPSP2 CD from MS chk this link Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD. I thought its worth mentioning it here. :wink:

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
what happens is after installing sp2 dcom SERVER process launcher,windows firewall nd security center starts automatically.Thats why it slows down a bit with 128 mb ram.Either disable them or upgrade to 256 mb ram.

anandk

Distinguished Member
i just installed sp2. i have a 128mb ram. no problms; go ahead ! :)

would be better if you removed some xp eye-candy and stopped uneccessary services to save resources though, using tune-up utilities or such other program !

saROMan

QA Juggler
well i donn think so ....though its not mandatory to have 512 MB ram for SP2..but those pple who use XP for long know that SP2 is quite Bulky on resoruces ....so may b u wont feel much diference now in the performence..but slowly u will notice that preformence degrades if u just have 128MB ram ....

so u can go for sp2 with 128MB ram .....but there will be some diff in preformence in - with sp2/without SP2 ....the + point u have is u have a Fast processor...so go on with SP2....

compusucker

Right off the assembly line
I think we should use xp with sp2. I have P III-1.3 GHZ/ 384 MB PC 133 SD RAM /64 MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 2/Creative Vibra Sound Card. Things are really cool here after installing SP2.

simply follow the steps to shed the load of your machine and make it a very stable one:

(skip step 1 if you have already SP 2 installed on your system)

1. To integrate your original legal xp cd with sp2 "Autostreamer"-----the brother of autopatcher----- (surf the net and find it yourself---a small download :x :shock: :idea: )is an excellent one click solution thus making it possible even for the newbies to slipstream or integrate. (although the process mentioned by Digit previously, in March 2005 at page 46, was great but to some extent uncomfortable to a newbe.) thus it will save you a lot of time during next clean installation of xp with servicepack 2 cause at that time you will get everything right at your hand. :D

2. Use "auto patcher" for necessary updated fixes. We all know what is it. You mayfind it on the Digit CD. select or customize the xp sp2 related fix,patch or issues during installation to quicken the process. :?

3. and last but not the least, this is for gamer, use "END-IT-ALL" version2.0.0.0 to disable all unnecessary services in just a single click. Blindly ! Great ! :D
Explore for more customization; you can safely disable many services with this software "EnDItAll" ,before you start extensive gaming
:lol:

Happy problem solving and gaming :D
.........AND ONE THING MORE :p ......CURSE ME IF IT SUCKS :twisted: :twisted:

compusucker

Right off the assembly line
Sorry missed out something

EndItAll is from Ziff Davis Media.inc

And Autostreamer 1.0 is the brother of autopatcher . You can find it easily ---a small download

N.B. To create "Legal" Bootable Live XP CD WITH SERVICE PACK 2 (that you can use for your system checking and recovery) ---a really new and useful tool---you can search for "reatogo" 'www.reatogo.de' or 'www.nu2.nu' for BartPE

curse me if you don't get or manage it . :lol:

ashisharya

In the zone
If u r running Windows Xp then u should use Win XP Service Pack 2 cuz it has features like pop-up blocker, in built firewall and many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom