xp restarts after the boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr_ultimate

Journeyman
I don't exactly know what happened, the electricity went off and I just moved my PC to a different table. When I switched on the machine the loaded till the "Windows XP" loading screen and then restarts. I am trying for last 12 hours and could not find anything wrong .

I tried reinserting the harddisk cables and both the RAMs. But the prob. persists.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks.

shantanu

Technomancer
most probable your Xp got corrupted by a Driver file missing, do this :

press F8 at startup, and select , Disable automatic restart on system failure, and Press Enter on WIndows Xp option, then when your PC restarted , it will now show a BLUE screen with error information and code, tell it here, and then only it would be clear what happened, :D

dont worry!!!

OP
S

sr_ultimate

Journeyman
Now there is a blue screen error. Says

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error ... blah blah blah ..

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
ok , so you need to Reinstall Xp, i am sure no other option is there, this error has been discussed several times , and at the end only format is the option, so my friend,, go ahead and reinstall windows

OP
S

sr_ultimate

Journeyman
Could this be my HARD DISK connection problem ? I do have a feeling previously had a boot failiure and I had reinserted the cable to make it work. But that was a month ago or so .

shantanu

Technomancer
no your HDD driver and loaders got curropted, the only way is reinstall. Is there any problem in that buddy!!! :p tell it, i just said this coz , at the end you will have to do this,, :D cable reconnection might not help, if it was a cable problem then Windows loading screen would not have displayed, :D

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
You have to reinstall xp by formatting your xp install drive(usually c: ). This happend with me once upon a time in the same situation what sr_ultimate has. :)

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
sr_ultimate said:
Argh ! that sucks .

Let me try few stuffs and try few more exp. .
No use buddy. You will have to reinstall xp 99.9%. If your xp is repaired without reinstalling then i'll say it's your luck of the 0.1% as said above. :)

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Give it a shot with repairin and then only format your c, if repair doesnt work that is..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom