XP login message help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

amol48

Searching...
My PC was infected with virus and few days ago and since then, I am getting a message in some unknown language just before logging to my XP account. While the virus is complately removed as per Kaspersky, I still get that message.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Mods please move this thread to QnA section

Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
Though cleaned your system with Kaspersky, still run a scan with: *www.superantispyware.com/download.html

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
Though cleaned your system with Kaspersky, still run a scan with: *www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Yes I did that already mrintech and it found 51 infections. Got rid of them too but still getting the same message. I think that the PC is not infected now but that virus might have added some key in registry which is causing this.

Can anyone help me with registry keys? Which keys to mess up with :D

mrintech

Technomancer
post the screenshot of the error message... if possible post the text (no matter what language it has)

Also one thing I was infected by Rapid Antivirus, after going with full scan 3-4 times with SuperAntiSpyware I was able to remove the Trojan (ya! it was trojan). The main thing is the trojan keeps on replicating itself. Only after multiple scan I was able to remove it.

Go for some more scans and if the message is not harming your computer in any way, than neglect it.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Check this link
*www.pctipsbox.com/custom-logon-message-for-xp-and-vista/
It may help u.

AND why isn't this thread in QnA??

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
Check this link
*www.pctipsbox.com/custom-logon-message-for-xp-and-vista/
It may help u.

AND why isn't this thread in QnA??

Thanks but Ihave already visited the link you posted but it didn't help! :(

Well it was supposed to be in QnA section only actually but I was reading many threads simultaneously and by mistakenly posted it here.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom