XP desktop themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
I am late for this guys, I found some threads when I searched this forum. I still need some reliable solutions.
I am tired of the default themes, I want some new ones. I don't want to install any transformation packs either. Is installing new themes difficult? I read that some .dll has to be patched, why is it so?
Isn't there a simpler way of installing themes without installing any softwares?
Please recommend some good themes (not just any) for XP SP3 desktops.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
It is necessary to install software to install A NEW SHELL or THEME PACKS. As for a theme, you simply have to select it using the Display properties window! If it is not visible there, simply click on the drop down menu and click on something like browse... Can't recall the exact name. Alternatively, you can simply double click the theme file and apply the changes.

As for some nice no-extra-software-required themes, there used to be a site called www.themedoctor.com. Browse it and find one among millions that suits you!

paraman

Journeyman
First download and install the uxtheme patch. Google for it. After doing this you will be able to install 3rd party themes.

Some excellent themes are available here:

*www.themebin.com/

*mintywhite.com/tech/

*www.askvg.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom