Xolo Q700. 8.4k. Should I buy?

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
There's an offer on FK for Xolo Q700. I initally intended to buy Huawei Ascend P1 (Black), but for the life of me, cannot find any stock of it on any online store.

Today I discovered that FK has a 16% of on Xolo Q700. (8400 Rs).

XOLO Q700 Rs. 8399.0 Price in India - Buy XOLO Q700 Black Online - XOLO: Flipkart.com.

My budget is < 10k. Should I go for this phone before the offer ends or should I wait and buy a better phone?

Are there any prominent issues with this phone apart from not having the feature to move apps to SD?

Any speedy suggestions would be greatly appreciated

P.S:- This would be my first smartphone If I bought one. So, hope you understand the paranoia. :D

saswat23

Human Spambot
Also have a look at Gionee G3.
Amazing specs for 9k.

Except for the Screen size, both Q700 and G3 have almost same specs.
*gadgets.ndtv.com/gionee-gpad-g3-1065-vs-xolo-q700-755

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
as you are getting your first smartphone, why not consider WindowsPhone? other than lack of some quality free games, you won't miss anything much.

if you want Android based phone, below 10k its Q700 all the way. recent XOLO launches are more of relabelling old mobiles what Micromax been doing since a year or so. above 10k, if you can sell out 1-2k more, check the Gionee GPad G2. not much difference from any 10k+ mobile powered by the same mediatek processor but the 3000mah battery is a welcome change.

Also have a look at Gionee G3.
Amazing specs for 9k.

Except for the Screen size, both Q700 and G3 have almost same specs.
*gadgets.ndtv.com/gionee-gpad-g3-1065-vs-xolo-q700-755

FWVGA resolution on a 5.5" screen will look bad.

.jRay.

Youngling
as you are getting your first smartphone, why not consider WindowsPhone? other than lack of some quality free games, you won't miss anything much.

if you want Android based phone, below 10k its Q700 all the way. recent XOLO launches are more of relabelling old mobiles what Micromax been doing since a year or so. above 10k, if you can sell out 1-2k more, check the Gionee GPad G2. not much difference from any 10k+ mobile powered by the same mediatek processor but the 3000mah battery is a welcome change.

FWVGA resolution on a 5.5" screen will look bad.

This...

Lumia 520 is the way to go, budget android phones tend to lag sometimes unlike lumia phones.

OP
prehistoricgamer

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
Ordered Q700 tonight. Waitin for it. Says gonna be delivered by Wednesday 13th. I did consider Lumia 520 for a long time. And I do love Nokia. But Im a person who like to customize stuff rather than just sticking to one GUI. Also wanted the full features of Whatsapp which isn't supported on WPs. Moreover, the GUI of L520 is a bit boring. I mean the grey tiles and stuff don't appeal to me. I wanna try my hands on Android too. Bought this with my 1st salary. I just hope this runs smoothly without giving me any major headaches.

Touch wood :)

dtfuser

Broken In
why not consider WindowsPhone?
It's MS. They have history once user gets bound to them, they exploit. The concept of opensource softwares / free softwares came to stop this exploitation. People can still use their old computers with latest linux kernel. But they can not run latest MS OS on old hardware. I run Arch Linux with Openbox which hardly takes 128MB RAM after boot. All remaining RAM I use for applicatons. In opensource / free softwares you get choice of customization according to your choice. If someone want GNOME3 desktop, he can have GNOME3 a better looking desktop. Basically you are not forced to upgrade hardware because you want to use latest OS. This is not true with MS. Now Android Kitkat is even made to run on lower end hardware. But if this would have been MS, their new OS will always demand more powerful hardware. This is why all Desktop/Laptop companies recommend MS OS. Sorry I have given example of Linux vs MS OS, but this is history of MS . MS force user to upgrade hardware for new OS. Google change their OS for lower end hardware. ex. is Kitkat. Opensource will always rock against MS.

Last edited:
OP
prehistoricgamer

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
I've already bought 2 Xolo Q700s. Great Phone for the money.

Will post my review when I get some free time off work.

The mods may close this thread now.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
After instaling CM10 ROM, giving me easy 1.5 days backup on my regular usage(1hr call, few messages, 1hr games, viewing/taking photos and occasional screen wake up :D).

dtfuser

Broken In
Xolo Q700 is good phone. Using it from one month. No problem so far. 2400 mAH battery is very useful. Good value for money. Bought it in 8090/- before Diwali. I have noticed prices are increased now.

If you are ok with average camera phone and do not care about custom ROM and looking for good value for money, then it's good phone.

OP
prehistoricgamer

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
Xolo Q700 is good phone. Using it from one month. No problem so far. 2400 mAH battery is very useful. Good value for money. Bought it in 8090/- before Diwali. I have noticed prices are increased now.

If you are ok with average camera phone and do not care about custom ROM and looking for good value for money, then it's good phone.

8090?! Woah. From where? I guess I should've enquired a few local shops before ordering one at 3 AM in the frigging morning. Lol.

Top Bottom