Xenom X157 Gaming Laptop Review

RON28

Cyborg Agent
you are the best laptop holder on TGF :) congrats for your purchase and nice review, you reviewed major gaming titles which are very resource hungry :)

IMO, price is purely justified, why? Because Lenovo Y500 is for 68k, Alienware cost more than a lakh but at 98k this laptop has all the specifications which a gamer dreams.

Hrishi

Daym!!! That's one hell of a portable beast man!
Lucky that you had it for that price. Keep it safe .:)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Thanks to all... :D :D

Yess ...The price is less only because of the integrated parts are imported duty free. Also notice the only 750GB HDD, no blue-ray drive, and win 7 HP and 15.6" monitor. All these contributed to less damage. Alienware, Asus, Razer and MSI all have mostly 17.3 inch gaming laptops with 1TB, 16GB ram, BR drive, win 8 and lot many so called "cool stuffs" which i do not need on priority, all i needed is haswell and GTX780M, and believe me thats the sweetness of custom made lappies, you get just what you need and thats where you can save.

Congrats mate. That's truly a beast, especially the 780m.
Gaming laptops were never this powerful until this. :)

Last edited:

Chetan1991

Youngling
Just checked Clevo's website. They have most awesome laptop configurations I've ever seen. How come such companies aren't famous? Are there any more companies which manufacture high-end devices at low prices? (certainly low compared to Alienware and the fact that most major companies don't even have such offerings.)

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Clevo and Sager laptops are very famous in US and other foreign countries, But they don't have base in India so no one knows about it, If you check some reviews of Sager and Clevo laptops, not only they have awesome configurations but also have best screen quality to compete with Alienware and ROGs.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Thanks to all... :D :D

Yess ...The price is less only because of the integrated parts are imported duty free. Also notice the only 750GB HDD, no blue-ray drive, and win 7 HP and 15.6" monitor. All these contributed to less damage. Alienware, Asus, Razer and MSI all have mostly 17.3 inch gaming laptops with 1TB, 16GB ram, BR drive, win 8 and lot many so called "cool stuffs" which i do not need on priority, all i needed is haswell and GTX780M, and believe me thats the sweetness of custom made lappies, you get just what you need and thats where you can save.

spoken like a true "down to earth gamer" ;) :D

congrats again dada!! :)

Hrishi

:D :D A garland of thanks to all TDF members who liked and admired the review and my X157, Anirban, RON, nerevarine, Rishi, Chetan...everyone contributed in numerous threads enlightening bits and pieces of everything !

Special Thanks to Vicky to help keeping me faith in Nvidia ( through thousands of posts) , for my older XPS15 with GT435M which had let me play more games in its 3 years golden span than i had dreamed of playing for 15 years ...! so My first Gaming Beast Must had an nvidia and it has....nvidia deserved a well earned chance. There is no word such as "fanboy", there is something called Loyalty, and the WORLD runs on it, even if it does not always show :)

Well said.

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
^^ absolutely true mate.
this is true brand killer for dell or ROG :)
I mean you got 780M bellow 1 lac. Hope they come to india soon :-D

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
very well tailored review and the best part of your review is the introduction about gaming and gamers and the conclusion, to the point. great buy mate. as well as i know clevo and sager, mostly clevo are oem's for many branded laptops like sony, dell etc i may be wrong here but i have read about this many years ago. at that point the handful of options from these manufacturer were really appraised by the reviewer but i don't recollect where i read about that. anyways once again congrats bro and that last two snaps ummm.. ;)

Top Bottom