sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks again harsh and GTB ...

But Dell i7+FHD is too costly...I will go with Dell i5+FHD most probably

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok I will decide when I see them personally...I will check the colors with some photographs I have taken...performance wise I know samsung will do much better...but screen and heating issue is also a factor...

After getting the laptop I will be in bangladesh for 4-5months again...if some issue comes up in laptop there i will be dead :( .
All my work,play will depend on this laptop ...

its not just after sales service...but reliability of the laptop too which I want.

$hadow

Geek in making
ok I will decide when I see them personally...I will check the colors with some photographs I have taken...performance wise I know samsung will do much better...but screen and heating issue is also a factor...

After getting the laptop I will be in bangladesh for 4-5months again...if some issue comes up in laptop there i will be dead :( .
All my work,play will depend on this laptop ...

its not just after sales service...but reliability of the laptop too which I want.

If possible try to take a full hd movie with you in a pendrive. Check the print of that video. Then decide

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
good idea shadow...I will take a full HD movie too

last question ;) which one of the brands is most reliable between HP,Dell,samsung and sony :)

$hadow

Geek in making
good idea shadow...I will take a full HD movie too

last question ;) which one of the brands is most reliable between HP,Dell,samsung and sony :)

Brother as far as ass is concerned dell is the best. But the other are also not bad either, samsung provide pick and drop warranty but I am not sure about sony and hp. But I am a Samsung fan I own s3, tab2, 2net books of sammy and hd tv as well. As far as heating is concerned the newer version of sammy will not heat on normal surfing and other things but prolonged gaming session will surely heat up any machine. Since these are high end multimedia laptop which can game but not gaming laptop.

tkin

Back to school!!
Go with Dell 15R SE, I'm using dell and I find its software support and build quality to be very very good, much better than competing HP models.

Hrishi

Go with Dell 15R SE, I'm using dell and I find its software support and build quality to be very very good, much better than competing HP models.
Tkin's is right about build quality and A.S.S. But still IMO , he should go for a Quad-Core I7 rather than dual-core I5 for any production related work.
If you can get CI7 in Dell , with FHD . Its the end of story. But if not then Sammy might be a great deal.
Although , I have no idea about Sammy's A.S.S.

"A Quad-Core is very important for such work, though."

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@dashing.sujay ....you mean i should get 15r turbo with i7 and full HD ....but that cost a lot ...65k i think

Yes. But you don't buy these things everyday, they're virtually lifetime investment; that's why I said:

@sujoy- Get i7, you will need it. Editing, encoding and everything will work faster, also full hd is something you must not miss. Inspiron turbo is the only viable option according to me. Put all what you got, but don't compromise.

i5 is also quad core...isnt it??? or in laptops only i7QM are quad cores :(

QM = Quad Mobile ... Check prefix "Q".

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@sujay ...I understood that Q represent quad but i5 for desktops were quad cores...is it same for lappy...

what a mess of confusion intel have created :x

I will try if dell i7+fhd could be bought ;)

tkin

Back to school!!
I think I explained it somewhere back:

In Laptop space:

All i3 and i5 are dual core quad threaded, but i3 has fixed clock speed, i5 have turbo, rest is exact same.

However those i7 that are dual core quad threaded have 4MB cache and higher turbo, to differentiate them from i5, then there are quad core octa threaded i7, they have 6MB cache, and finally the top four i7 have 8MB cache and higher clock speeds.

*i.imgur.com/RoOCjxL.png

Ivy Bridge (microarchitecture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Bump guys :)

I am in big trouble now ...just came from many laptop shops in Nagpur and disguested :(

Y500 will take 8 days to deliver ...the lenovo exclusive shop cum service center are getting it only on order from ahemdabad...price 64k .....but sadly I cant wait that long :(
Dell 15R Turbo 7520 is discontinued ...this was told by dell exclusive dealer...they said only 17R model with i5 is available ....sooo :(
Samsung 550-S05 is available for 60k and can be got same day...but it looks boreing and no backlit keypad ...its " just another laptop" like look
Sony E15138CN available for 58k ...have 7650m and no full HD but looks stylish ;) ...

now what to do :'( ....Please help

edit : the dell call center people says that 15R Turbo 7520 non-FHD model is available for 62k and FHD model is discontinued

Last edited:
My recommendation will be Samsung S05IN....

It weighs less & is more compact than Dell. Don't forget i7, GT650M & JBL speakers with subwoofer & ofcourse the Bluray reader

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks anupam ...it seems I will go that way :) I am nearly finalizing samsung 550-s05 for 57900 :)

one more thing on samsung's side is international warranty which others dont have

Hrishi

Thanks anupam ...it seems I will go that way :) I am nearly finalizing samsung 550-s05 for 57900 :)

one more thing on samsung's side is international warranty which others dont have
The only reason I won't go for that laptop would be because of its dull looks and the GDDR3 memory type.
Rest all is fine.

But waiting for Y500 is worth it , if you are looking in performance for sure. [ The GDDR5 memory type in Y500 will have a massive edge over GDDR3 in 550p.]

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
@rishi ....I considerd the looks and i am really not impressed....but Y500 will take 8 days and I have just 10 days more in holidays then I will go out of india again :( ...cant wait for soo long ...if it was readily available i would have got Y500

Top Bottom