Writing a movie CD - some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

adit_sen

In the zone
I have quite a few .avi files on my hdd, and all are about 699-700MB in size. I want to burn these as VCD's, say using nero. But when I try to burn, the burning file size always turns out to be something like 1.3GB. My best guess is that when it writes the VCD, it writes by timelength and not filesize. Is there somewhere to just fit the video file on a single cd? I know its possible cuz I do own vcd's which fit full lenght movies on just a single disc. How do i do it?

cheers
aditya

nil_3

In the zone
I think the .AVI files as you are mentioning is DivX/XVid file. You have to first convert it to mpeg1 file by VirtualDub. If the desired codec is installed in your machine, may be you can do with NerVision Express. Otherwise use Ulead VideoStudio. Now burn using Nero.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
If your DVD player supports DivX format , then burn them as 'Data CD' otherwise
use Nero , choose 'Make a VCD'. It will do the convertion by itself.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
But ,...can u make Menu's as like DVD's for the Divx movie titles on the DVD's,..& what will be the format for those menus & in what app will u make that?

nil_3

In the zone
TechGuru#1 said:
...can u make Menu's as like DVD's for the Divx movie titles on the DVD's,..& what will be the format for those menus & in what app will u make that?

For DataCD/DVD, you can create custom autorun menu with AutoPlay Media Studio 6.Find it from *www.indigorose.com/ams/

TechGuru#1

In the zone
^^ u just mised my point.I wasn't speaking abt Menu's as from PC parlance,but rather from the DVD-standalone player view! I know abt a 100 diff apps which would make menus for viewing the Divx videos in a menu-driven format from the PC but ,which app that makes it/divx movies menu driven in the DVD-players side as like we watch the DVD' moviess with those super menus!
i think some 1 has got the point now & hopefully answer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom