WP7 in India

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Well, that is the basic configuration a WP-based phone has to start with. It's not limited beyond that.

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/04/11x0414msfty.jpg

1. Resolution is limited to 800x480
2. CPU limited to Qualcomm MSM7x30 or MSM8x55 (single core only -- but cannot use any other CPU... no OMAP, no Tegra 2, no Exynos)

That seems pretty limited to me...

sygeek

Technomancer
*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/04/11x0414msfty.jpg

1. Resolution is limited to 800x480
2. CPU limited to Qualcomm MSM7x30 or MSM8x55 (single core only -- but cannot use any other CPU... no OMAP, no Tegra 2, no Exynos)

That seems pretty limited to me...
It's the minimum specs a company has to start with. It's not limited beyond that.

sygeek

Technomancer
I don't believe you have been reading what I have written
I read it, you're claiming that companies are limited to the specs mentioned by Microsoft. But I don't think that's true. It is the basic specifications a company has to start with, after that, it is not limited (to superior specifications).

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I read it, you're claiming that companies are limited to the specs mentioned by Microsoft. But I don't think that's true. It is the basic specifications a company has to start with, after that, it is not limited (to superior specifications).

Show me one dual-core WP7 phone in the market. There are almost a dozen Android phones on Dual core processors already... Even the newest high-end WP7 phones have nothing but a single core "Qualcomm" processor. That is the chassis specification, which has to be maintained, till the time Microsoft changes its mind and allows OEMs to port WP7 to other internals.

Nokia and Samsung make their own processors, but were not allowed to use them in their own WP7 phones. They have to use the old Snapdragon processors, because that is all WP7 can support right now.

sygeek

Technomancer
Show me one dual-core WP7 phone in the market. There are almost a dozen Android phones on Dual core processors already... Even the newest high-end WP7 phones have nothing but a single core "Qualcomm" processor. That is the chassis specification, which has to be maintained, till the time Microsoft changes its mind and allows OEMs to port WP7 to other internals.

Nokia and Samsung make their own processors, but were not allowed to use them in their own WP7 phones. They have to use the old Snapdragon processors, because that is all WP7 can support right now.
Your logic is deniable at best. I'll fail to believe it unless you have some proper source to back yourself to. I won't go point-to-point correcting you out (read -- google search), you've to figure it out yourself.

Sarath

iDota
After androids beating apple, I think wm7 will take the lead in one aspect, Standardization.

Till then they would better bridge the gap.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Your logic is deniable at best. I'll fail to believe it unless you have some proper source to back yourself to. I won't go point-to-point correcting you out (read -- google search), you've to figure it out yourself.

You are asking me to prove a negative? How the hell do I do that? It is common knowledge that Microsoft WP7 is only optimized for Qualcomm Snapdragon processors with a minimum spec of 1 GHz processor. Microsoft won't license the OS to you unless you use the same chips...

I want you to go point-to-point correcting me please...

sygeek

Technomancer
You are asking me to prove a negative? How the hell do I do that? It is common knowledge that Microsoft WP7 is only optimized for Qualcomm Snapdragon processors with a minimum spec of 1 GHz processor. Microsoft won't license the OS to you unless you use the same chips...

I want you to go point-to-point correcting me please...
Seriously, a simple google search wouldn't be bothersome. The fact that the a company has been limited the configuration by Microsoft is a misinterpretation of yours.

I'm not here to spoonfeed, get your facts right.

Since we're going offtopic here, I won't reply to the messages concerning this argument any longer.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Seriously, a simple google search wouldn't be bothersome. The fact that the a company has been limited the configuration by Microsoft is a misinterpretation of yours.

I'm not here to spoonfeed, get your facts right.

i'll suggest you to google a bit & have your facts corrected.

suggest reading these 2 articles: link1 & link2.

current WP7/7.5 mobiles are to use only Qualcomm SOC (& that also single core based, though not sure). only future WP OS will use some other chipsets.

sygeek

Technomancer
i'll suggest you to google a bit & have your facts corrected.

suggest reading these 2 articles: link1 & link2.

current WP7/7.5 mobiles are to use only Qualcomm SOC (& that also single core based, though not sure). only future WP OS will use some other chipsets.
I was referring to his dual-core statement. He mentioned that the manufacturers are not using dual core cpu as it is not mentioned in Microsoft's spec list. With which he concluded Microsoft is thus limiting the other companies (not that it is true/false, but the word he used is plain wrong).

Like I said, with the above 2 link of yours, a simple google search will reveal that it is false.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I was referring to his dual-core statement. He mentioned that the manufacturers are not using dual core cpu as it is not mentioned in Microsoft's spec list. With which he concluded Microsoft is thus limiting the other companies (not that it is true/false, but the word he used is plain wrong).

but i think AndroidFan was talking about the current scenario. also if Nokia or any other company wants to bring a dualcore based WP mobile to market, it won't happen until Q2 2012. maybe then we'll have the successor of Mango.

Sarath

iDota
Looks like a nice time to ask this question: is android optimised to make use of a dual core processor?

I've only heard it helps 1080 resolution shooting but what else?

:-D

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Looks like a nice time to ask this question: is android optimised to make use of a dual core processor?

I've only heard it helps 1080 resolution shooting but what else?

:-D
Yea, well said.

WP7 is my future OS, I don't wanna be idiotic smart :)

Top Bottom