Wolfenstein The New Order

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like Bethesda is on a roll. Bethesda tweeted the following pic :

*pbs.twimg.com/media/BJlmSWlCUAEZreB.jpg:large

Source : *twitter.com/Bethblog/status/331408513068847105

They also explained that Bethesda Dev Studios are not working on it, so perhaps it something they are going to publish.

We can only wait and watch....

More pics taken from : Bethesda working on a new game? — News  |  Gamersbook

*www.gamersbook.com/repository/images/_variations/5/f/5f47492ba5a8fe73c053c954ae46b0f0_content_gallery.jpg?v=0

*www.gamersbook.com/repository/images/_variations/3/1/31d75653c64a7def4fcd15872609edbe_content_gallery.jpg?v=0

*www.gamersbook.com/repository/images/_variations/a/2/a27ddc3b2464c510641404d16aa12fc4_content_gallery.jpg?v=0

cyborg47

Technomancer
Screenshots are out. ID TECH 5 Bit-ches!!!

Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced, Coming To PC, X360 and PS3 In Q4 2013 [UPDATE] | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Add next gen consoles to that except errrr....wii-u.

Btw, the screenies look photo realistic. Id tech 5 is really a brilliant engine if used in the right way.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
^^ Add next gen consoles to that except errrr....wii-u.

Btw, the screenies look photo realistic. Id tech 5 is really a brilliant engine if used in the right way.

errrrrrrr............ If it can release on Pre-HistoricBox 360 and AncientStation 3,It might as well should release on Wii-U
It not releasing on Wii-U is a different thing though:lol: :grin:

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, it was not revealed as Wolfenstein when I had seen these teasers. But, glad to know.

Capt. B.J. Blazkowicz is back!

Brings back memories of Wolfenstein 3D.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
No multiplayer in new Wolfenstein - GameSpot.com

It will be SP only. Praise Arceus.

Thank god...there is already so many multiplayer games out there.

BTW, what do you guys think of Capt. Blazcowicz's new look :

*fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/944199_10152793540155436_117170134_n.jpg

heidi2521

Padawan
Thank god...there is already so many multiplayer games out there.

BTW, what do you guys think of Capt. Blazcowicz's new look :

*fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/944199_10152793540155436_117170134_n.jpg

Somebody needs to make a CSI "Enhance" with that ;)

Man, my comments yesterday about Wolfenstein: The New Order certainly struck a nerve! Hell hath no fury like a gamer-on-the-Internet scorned!

And foolish as it may be, I'd like to try to address the controversy.

(I've CAPITALIZED the high level responses for those of you who'd rather not read this entire thing. I know I'm a wordy guy…)

1. I'M SORRY. I owe the Wolfenstein team an apology. I wasn't trying to diss you or your game. I have total respect for anyone making a game. I know how hard it is… And to everyone who pointed out that I didn't know enough about the game to judge, well, you were right. Consider this my mea culpa. I hope I can buy you guys a coffee or something at some show to make up for all this rigamarole.

2. NO SOUR GRAPES HERE. NONE. I'm disappointed that people assume they know my motivations for saying what I said. I'm not bitter about the "failure" of the Disney Epic Mickey games - I don't consider them failures. They're the two best-selling games I've worked on! And whether you liked either game or not, I liked them (imperfect though they were) and I've got a ton of fanmail that says lots of other people liked them, too. Finally, talk about a team that worked hard and tried new things? The Mickey team wrote the book on that so don't diss on them!

3. I REALLY BELIEVE THERE IS TOO LITTLE VARIETY IN GAMES TODAY. Though I was wrong to take out general frustrations on an individual game and on a single team, I'll stand by my overall statement about lack of variety and innovation in mainstream gaming. I was simply expressing, once again, my long-held belief that we make too many shooters, lots of which look, sound and feel like basically the same game dressed up in different clothes. I've been saying that for years - it's nothing new. Wolfenstein got in the line of fire, but I've been shooting at this target for a long time.

4. I'M NOT TRYING TO DICTATE ANYTHING TO ANYONE. I know I tend to speak in absolutes, which leads some people to think I'm trying to dictate what people should make or play. (I really have to work on that, as even my lovely wife would attest!) However, I did not and would not say "don't make" or "don't play" or "don't like" any game or game genre. It's not my place, even if it were possible. That being said, I still have opinions - strong ones - and have the right to express them, regardless of my "relevance" or the perceived quality of my recent work. You can agree or disagree, of course - no one's forced to act on my opinions! - but last time I checked everyone had a right to express their opinion.

5. TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED - THANKS OR GET A GRIP OR GROW UP.

To all of you who got what I was saying, even if you disagreed with me, thanks. 'Nuff said.

To "journalists" who mischaracterized what I said and made assumptions about my motives for saying it, um... maybe stick to the facts... ask me what my motivation was before posting made-up stuff… certainly don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say (like "Wolfenstein represents everything Spector thinks is wrong with gaming" - where did that come from?).

And to all of you who told me I suck, well, whatever. No one's making you read my Facebook updates.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, this is the last I'm going to say about this. You can all go back to your lives now. I'm going to go back to mine, that's for sure!

*www.facebook.com/warren.spector/posts/10201186670171723

Mr. Spector posted an update on his views.

I hope that this game is return to the style of Wolf 3D. The previous games like RTCW were nowhere nearly as good.

Id games/Id franchise games haven't been the same since Romero left.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Somebody needs to make a CSI "Enhance" with that ;)

*www.facebook.com/warren.spector/posts/10201186670171723

Mr. Spector posted an update on his views.

What statement had he made BTW?

I hope that this game is return to the style of Wolf 3D. The previous games like RTCW were nowhere nearly as good.

Id games/Id franchise games haven't been the same since Romero left.

True that. Though Romero did lose his **** when he made Daikatana after leaving id.

heidi2521

Padawan
What statement had he made BTW?

True that. Though Romero did lose his **** when he made Daikatana after leaving id.

Did the world really need another Wolfenstein game? Did we need a generically dark, monochromatic, FPS, kill-the-Nazi-giant-robot game?

Uh. No. The world did not. I am so tired of stuff like this...

Oh, and could we all just agree we'll never use the generic gravelly-whisper trailer voice guy ever again?

And one more thing: Please stop using Jimi Hendrix to promote your adolescent male power fantasies.

Thank you. I'm done.

5chars

heidi2521

Padawan
Although these two deal with Doom, what they say also applies to Wolf.

The most misunderstood game of all time

Lets hope that the devs get it as well as these two.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Looks like if you pre-order Wolfenstein : The New Order, you will get beta access to Doom 4

Pre-Order Wolfenstein, Get Into the Beta for the Next Doom

Bethesda is really going to town with this one.

Top Bottom