WMP 11 again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

titun

I know this topic has been discussed earlier but I did not got my answer there. I downloaded and installed Windows Media Player 11 from Microsoft website and first time it installed without asking any validation check. In fact I did not knew there was a WGA validation check. Eventually I formated my PC and installed WMP 11 again. This time it asked for WGA. My OS ( XP SP 2 ) not being a genuine one I searched for other methods to install and found my answer below.

*forum.deviantart.com/software/general/640782/

But my question is
1) Why it did not ask for WGA in the first place as both the time my computer setting was completely same, modem activated. This was the same with IE 7 also, it did not ask for a validation for the first time but once unstalling and reinstalling it asked for validation ( though I found other method to install IE 7 ;) )

2) I am able to install WMP 11 bypassing WGA but is it possible to bypass URGE also because I don't need this service and everytime I start WMP it tries to download URGE software n services.

I know this kind of question is not allowed and answered here, but leaving piracy issue aside I want to know it for my knowledge. So mods feel free to delete if I am crossing the limit.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
D/ling URGE is optional, it ask you y/n while installing...

And about WGA... if you have passed the WGA online (thro browser and activex) then it wont ask you while installing...

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
See just get a legal copy of windows and everything will be done coz cracking software locks is illeagal.....

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
titun, you are NOT supposed to provide links to pages where it has been described how to crack software to use it illegally.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
2) I am able to install WMP 11 bypassing WGA but is it possible to bypass URGE also because I don't need this service and everytime I start WMP it tries to download URGE software n services.

at the time of installation it did asked for deselect the urge option... but i u dont have such option... simply DC the internet, it will try to download for few seconds (25 - 30), then will continue the installtion without urge...

about WGA, yup, WMP 11 is not checking that right now, may be future version will check...

you are NOT supposed to provide links to pages where it has been described how to crack software to use it illegally.[/url]

@aryayush,

ooppss.. i didnt see any such methond (illigal way of installation) on the maintioned thread

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
saurav_cheeta said:
about WGA, yup, WMP 11 is not checking that right now, may be future version will check...
It DOES check even now. If it did not check when you installed it, either it was an error or you have some cracked version.

What is URGE, by the way?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
aryayush said:
It DOES check even now...... either it was an error or you have some cracked version.

nope still not checking... i mean no visual is displayed about checking, and it is getting installed in systems which dont have Internet....

aryayush said:
either it was an error or you have some cracked version.

well download came from download.microsoft.com... so umm very little chance of a cracked version... unless microsft is providing a crack version... ;)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, it is supposed to. I myself downloaded it from Microsoft's site and it validated my Windows everytime I ran the setup. Dunno why it isn't checking in your case.

Thanks for the info, Rollercoaster!

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
even i had same authentication prblem but i shud be havin a legal copy of windows...or my vendor has an illegal one?

cheers

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
aryayush said:
Well, it is supposed to. I myself downloaded it from Microsoft's site and it validated my Windows everytime I ran the setup. Dunno why it isn't checking in your case.

strange very strange... validation is an online factor... and i saw WMP 11 getting installed in computer which doesnt have internet access.... one thing though... all the systems that i tried upon are all volume licensed... is that the factor?? :?

i have not tried over any cracked system...

anyway can any one post the screenshot about the validating window of WMP 11 installtion... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom