Wireless Wifi router/modem for home use with PC, Laptop, Mobile Buying suggestion

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
what is the different between 150 mbps and 300 mbps router, which one is good home use

which one is good

[h=1]TP-Link 150Mbps Wireless N Router (TL-WR740N)[/h]
[h=1]TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N Router (TL-WR841N)[/h]
I am using the TP-Link 150Mbps Wireless N Router (TL-WR740N),through BSNL phone line(Broadband),and am connecting PC,Android Tablets at ease.The full credit goes to our Dear Friend @whitestar_999(an expert and authority regarding network issues,problems and solutions)without whose help,I wouldn't be able to configure & connect to the network at ease.
By the way,as @mitraark questioned you,I also want to know that,which ISP service you are in networking?

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
ok i will go with 841,

but i also need a wifi adapter for one of my desktop pc.

as it is a all in one pc without any option to add any internal wifi card, so i need something to connect wifi via usb

please suggest me a usb wifi card or adapter

and also explain me how can i setup wifi

i will be using it between 2 desktop, 2 laptop and 4 to 5 mobile phones.

some one please help

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^Who is your ISP?
Seems that you are shying away to answer this.Why this reluctance?

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
^Who is your ISP?
Seems that you are shying away to answer this.Why this reluctance?

i have taken internet from a local cable guy, so i guess its incablenet in mumbai..

the guy came to my place and plugin a lan cable in the lan port of pc and did some dialer setting, he said that it will only work with the mac address of one pc

but i want to use it with wifi in home with other devices, hence i am asking

why would i hide anyting, nothing.. its incablenet

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
using mac cloning/spoofing feature of the router you can set your router mac address same as your pc mac address.once you login with your pc you will then be able to access net on any device connected to router.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
ok but do i need to keep the pc on everytime to surf the net ??? and the net guy can reset the mac to the wifi for me...

now will the above two will work for me ?

Also suggest some wifi adapter usb ..

let me know so i can order it asap..

moniker

Broken In
^ For what do you need WiFi USB adapter? If it is for your PC, I think you won't need it. Even the cheapest of WiFi routers have at least a couple of lan ports, you can just connect the WiFi router to your pc with a cable.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapters - Buy TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapters Online at Best Prices in India - Network Components : Computers | Flipkart.com

as for turning pc on it depends on the settings of your local isp.if it requires a login using some webpage like reliance then you have to first login using your pc & after login you can turn pc off.if it is simply some username/password like used in windows dialer then you can set it in router itself by selecting wan connection type as pppoe & entering username & password.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapters - Buy TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapters Online at Best Prices in India - Network Components : Computers | Flipkart.com

as for turning pc on it depends on the settings of your local isp.if it requires a login using some webpage like reliance then you have to first login using your pc & after login you can turn pc off.if it is simply some username/password like used in windows dialer then you can set it in router itself by selecting wan connection type as pppoe & entering username & password.

no theres a dialer from windows like this

Untitled.png

i just have to click on connect and its connects to the net, so will this work with wifi also

and also i dont wnat to connect pc with cable to avoid wire clutter hence asking for usb adapter for wifi

please whitestar help before i spend money i have to be sure that everything will work fine

no theres a dialer from windows like this

Untitled.png

i just have to click on connect and its connects to the net, so will this work with wifi also

and also i dont wnat to connect pc with cable to avoid wire clutter hence asking for usb adapter for wifi

please whitestar help before i spend money i have to be sure that everything will work fine

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if dialer is like this then most likely it will work with router by selecting wan connection type as pppoe & entering your username/password in router setting.after this & registering your router mac id with isp any device connected to router should get net access.as for usb wifi adapter choose any option within your budget.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
if dialer is like this then most likely it will work with router by selecting wan connection type as pppoe & entering your username/password in router setting.after this & registering your router mac id with isp any device connected to router should get net access.as for usb wifi adapter choose any option within your budget.

ok thanks so i will go with one of this

TP-Link 150Mbps Wireless N Router (TL-WR740N)

TP-Link 300Mbps Wireless N Router (TL-WR841N)

but what is the difference between two

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
841N has 2 antennas & more max wifi lan speed limit when transferring files from 1 device to another using wifi.