Wireless router for home

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
Back after a long time :razz:

Friends, please help me choose a wireless router for sharing cable internet connection between two pcs (and sometimes one netbook) in my home. The requirements are as follows...

• Router + 1 pc (wired) will be in 1st floor while 2nd pc (wireless) will be in ground floor. Netbook can be used from anywhere in home

• Should have 4 ports min...usb port if present is well and good
Do you think it is better to go for wired solution rather than wireless? Also suggest one Wireless Desktop Network Card to be used with the 2nd pc.

I am looking forward to products from Belkin/Linksys etc but please feel free to suggest others as well :p

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Zyxel 417N meets everything. I've one and works awesome.
Another good option would be Asus N series routers. Supports loads of features. :)

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
To be honest, I first time heared this "Zyxel" name. I think we should better get a router from reputed companies like Linksys, Belkin or Dlink.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
whatever u buy go for N series. I am having belkin N series just for 2800 with dual Antenna (good range) :).

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
whatever u buy go for N series. I am having belkin N series just for 2800 with dual Antenna (good range) :).

So how's it's performance ? My dealer is telling to buy G series router, as my laptop too just supports b/g. So is there any advantage of N router in this situation.

khmadhu

change is constant!!
@saqib_khan Its giving good performance, i bought 3 months back so for no probs,
it covers my entire house even to 1st floor (becoz of its dual antenna).
and nowadays all laptops are coming with n series,although they claim that n series gives 300mbps but average for any basic N router u can expect around 150mbps speed in a closed environment .

if u want to buy then choose the router which has dual antenna with n series,
Think of future proof.

I opted belkin becoz it has lifetime warranty(5 years) no other product gives that much.

Last edited:
OP
royal

royal

Padawan
@saqib_khan Its giving good performance, i bought 3 months back so for no probs,
it covers my entire house even to 1st floor (becoz of its dual antenna).
and nowadays all laptops are coming with n series,although they claim that n series gives 300mbps but average for any basic N router u can expect around 150mbps speed in a closed environment .

if u want to buy then choose the router which has dual antenna with n series,
Think of future proof.

I opted belkin becoz it has lifetime warranty(5 years) no other product gives that much.

khmadu, thanks for the input :razz:

Please specify the exact model from Belkin India...also suggest one usb card for my pc/netbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom