wireless internet connection

rahul2002

Journeyman
Hi, i will be purchasing a laptop later this month. Now, i use a local braoadband connection from meghbala broadband (wired) for my pc. I want to replace it with a wireless internet service which i can use both on my pc and laptop.I live in kolkata. Can anyone suggest
1. A good wireless ISP
2. good packages ????

socrates

In the zone
Does your connection come to your house thru a LAN cable or thru a cable modem? You could in all probably be able to use a wifi router but
only if your current ISP should allow this (If you ISP does not allow multiple logins you have an option of MAC cloning :D)
also you should know if your ISP use DHCP or fixed IP
also whether it's a always on connection or you have to connect thru a s/w on your computer.

OP
rahul2002

rahul2002

Journeyman
^^^ i want to totally surrender my current connection and opt for something like TATA photon or BSNL EVDO. so, i want to know can i use them both on my pc and laptop???

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
if u want to share the internet avoid those and get bsnl BB i think is the best option correct me if i am wrong because i don't have much idea about the available options in ur place

OP
rahul2002

rahul2002

Journeyman
I want something like TATA photon or BSNL EVDO. Has anyone have any idea about the packages available in kolkata???

socrates

In the zone
Which ever USB dongle you choose for broadband connection just make sure that it gives you the promised speed at the locations you are going to use it in eg home or some other location. A friend recently went in for Reliance in spite of telling him what I mentioned above he did not try it out as I mentioned & now is saddled with a white elephant as it does not give that speed as promised at his residence. Apparently all cell sites have not been upgraded to give this speed or they have massive down time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom