• Power Archiver

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
WinZip 10.0 Pro Beta (6604)

WinZip is the original and most popular of all Windows Zip file utilities, with more than 140 million downloads. Combining power and flexibility with ease of use, WinZip appeals to the entire spectrum of data-compression users. First-time users are comfortable with the intuitive WinZip Wizard, while power users appreciate WinZip's seamless Windows Explorer interface and choose the award-winning WinZip Classic interface for their most sophisticated compression needs. In addition to basic zipping and unzipping, features include tight integration with Windows Explorer, support for most Internet file formats, advanced AES encryption, and much more.

You can quickly and easily compress and decompress files, folders, and entire folder trees to save storage space, dramatically reduce e-mail transmission time, and efficiently archive documents. WinZip includes two separate interfaces to accommodate all types of users. If you are an infrequent user of Zip files or just need to accomplish basic tasks quickly and easily, the Wizard interface provides simple, step-by-step guidance to make working with Zip files a breeze. If you are comfortable with Zip files and need greater power and flexibility, the WinZip Classic interface has everything you need. Whichever interface you choose, the other interface is just a click away.

A few of WinZip's many other features:
* Zip, unzip, and one-click Zip and E-mail directly from Windows Explorer or My Computer.
* Automatically install software, desktop themes, and screen savers contained in Zip files.
* Quickly find your Zip files with Favorite Zip Folders.
* Instantly access recently used Zip files and other WinZip features from the Windows taskbar tray icon.
* Take full advantage of Windows XP features including fast user switching and XP themes.
* Decode most popular Internet file formats, including MIME, UUEncode, XXEncode, TAR, BinHex, and many others.
* Split Zip files into smaller parts to overcome e-mail size constraints.

New in WinZip Version 10.0 Beta:
- Two Versions: Standard and Professional
- Explorer style view: Navigate your Zip files in the familiar Explorer-style view, making it much easier to work with large, multi-folder archives
- Improved compression: Significantly reduce the size of your Zip files with two new compression methods which can provide greater compression
- WinZip Job Wizard:Automate your repetitive tasks in WinZip 10.0 Pro and easily backup data sets, archive important documents, or distribute information to others
- Zip to CD: One step Zip file creation and CD burning in WinZip 10.0 Professional

Homepage - *www.winzip.com/

Size: 4.97 MB

G

gxsaurav

i tried it yesterday, still compared to WinRAR the compression is low, although i luv the explorer style nevigation

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Downloaded it and checked. It has definitely improved a lot from 9.0 Do you know anything about version 9.1 of Winzip. Where is it? Is it going to be released?

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
gxsaurav said:
i tried it yesterday, still compared to WinRAR the compression is low, although i luv the explorer style nevigation

hmm, well softpedia team said the compression of Winzip 10.0 BETA is way better than WinRAR, check out the follwoing link: *news.softpedia.com/news/WinZip-10-0-Beta-Review-7447.shtml

expertno.1

Technomancer
all the winzip and winrar s**** and has low compression

the best is UHARC ALZ-3 the best compressor

try it i compressed a .rar file (whichs was compressed in best) having file size 1.4 mb

but after using UHARC alz-3 it got compressed in 970 kb ! hurray :cool:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
well UHARC is in beta and creates a lot of errors and is not that easily portable so it isnt good
RAR rox

expertno.1

Technomancer
not that easily portable

lolz

have you not used UHARC ??????

u can even create a self extracting package .exe which can run n any computer

i think you are unfamiliar with UHARC

and its only 200 kb file with dos based environment

lolz

mario_pant

In the zone
7zip is also very nice but the user interface sux... but compression is appreciable... very close to winrar..... and hey does a winzip 10 best compressed file need winxip to open it? i am not planning to try winzip 10 cause winRAR ROX!!

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Formats ------------------- Software Needed to Open

For Portable format ------ Any Software or Zip Folders in Windows
Enhanced Deflate ------- Winzip 8.1 or above
bzip 2 -------------------- Winzip 9 or 10
PPMd -------------------- Winzip 10 only

mario_pant

In the zone
hey can someone tell me where can i get UHARC latest version.... i once downloaded worms3d from the net and it was so damn compressed..... around 300MB in an 80MB file....... talk about compression..... is there something named ULEZ or something similar also???

Just did some tests with winRAR and Winzip 10.0 Beta
1) i compressed a PDF file sized 823KB and in winRAR best compression gave me a 734KB file where as Winzip PPMd gave me a 744KB file this showz that winRAR is better.....
2)Did a little long term test this time..... compressed an MPEG file of 61MB..... and winRAR (Best compression) gave me a 55.9MB file and winzip (PPMd) gave me a 54.8MB so there is a 1.1MB difference and it surely counts!! another thing is that winzip was found to be faster at the compression during both the test!!

RESULTS:
winRAR is BETTER for small files
winZIP PPMd is BETTER for huge files..

PS: will update about UHARC when i know where to get it from....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom