Windows XP reactivation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Hey Guyz.........I have got a problem. Today my sis did a normal shut down but when now I started it is not logging into my account(Admin).....It is giving an error like this.......
"A problem has prevented windows from accurately checking the status of license for this computer.To proceed your copy of Windows must be activated with Microsoft.Do you want to activate windows now".
I use an Original version of Windows XP Home edition with SP2 (OEM version), which I activated after install.But suddenly it is asking to reactivate.But when I press activate now ,it shows the activation window without start menu n all icons..........so I can't connect to internet without it..(I am on Dialup) ......But simply it gives activation window........ but how to activate it bcoz b4 activating it, I should dial my ISP to connect to internet......there is no start menu n ll tht....how foolish is XP bcoz it asked me to activate over Internet with no option to connect to internet ....:):):):)
How to activate XP in this particular situation? I can't get the Key over telehone n I want to activate it over internet.How to do it?......Plz help me on this......
Is there any other way to reactivate by going into safe mode.....
I even did system restore but tht too didn't worked........

[deXter]

Journeyman
Theres no need to activate now. You can run your ur xp without activation for 30 days. Then you can set up the net and all, and you can activate without any problem.

An alternative is you can call up the Microsoft Toll Free helpline. Just state your problem. You'll not have to worry about anything- they'll ask you for some 40 digit number, and you'll get back some 50 digit number and its done. And its fully automated too, so you dont need to waste your time talking to people..

For more details on WPA, check out this site:

*aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.php

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

OP
hard_rock

hard_rock

Salieri Family
"A problem has prevented windows from accurately checking the status of license for this computer.To proceed your copy of Windows must be activated with Microsoft.Do you want to activate windows now".
I use an Original version of Windows XP Home edition with SP2 (OEM version), which I activated after install.But suddenly it is asking to reactivate.But when I press activate now ,it shows the activation window without start menu n all icons..........so I can't connect to internet without it..(I am on Dialup) ......But simply it gives activation window........ but how to activate it bcoz b4 activating it, I should dial my ISP to connect to internet......there is no start menu n ll tht....how foolish is XP bcoz it asked me to activate over Internet with no option to connect to internet ....
How to activate XP in this particular situation? I can't get the Key over telehone n I want to activate it over internet.How to do it?......Plz help me on this......
Is there any other way to reactivate by going into safe mode.....
I even did system restore but tht too didn't worked........

Thx [deXter] 4 the link........but my prob. is I installed n activated the windows around 1 month ago.I donno wat happened to it,it is now asking to reactivate.........If as u said if it has given 30 days........thn I would not have posted this......My prob. is after booting....i.e, after showing bootscreen.......welcome screen comes correctly...............when I login to my acc.(Admin) it is giving the above error.......n gets halted...........If I press activate thn it's just displays activation n nothing more thn tht.Since I am on dialup if they have given 30 days thn I would have used the XP dialup feature to connect to net n thn press activate.But in this case its just displaying activation window.So it checks 4 connectivity n shows no connection...........what to do?Is there any file stored in XP which holds info abt key n which is checked by XP while booting so tht restoring it might solve the prob. I hope so..........Is there any other soln plz............

[deXter]

Journeyman
Well didnt you read that page above ? Please do read it throughly, its very helpful.

well, If you did read that article you'll know that there are two activation files: WPA.DBL and WPA.BAK. (in \windows\system32 )Make a backup copy of these two files and delete them.

Btw, did you try getting into another account or into safe mode? And also, did you try "Last known good configuration"?

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom