Windows XP hibernation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tushdante

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys i just recently replaced my 1gig ram stick with a new 2gig ram stick in my desktop machine. however now i find that my windows xp wont hibernate. when i hold down the shift button and press hibernate the desktop reappears. also before pressing the hibernate button, there is a hibernate tab in the power settings in control panel which disappears after trying to hibernate.

my old stick was ddr2 557 and my new ram stick is ddr2 800. i would really appreciate any help you guys could give me. also i dont think that this is a bios problem because i could hibernate properly before my ram upgrade.

infrared1100

Buddy,
There could be a possibility that there is no space for the hibernation data to store!!!!
In hibernation mode the whole memory is dumped in hard disk..
So make sure you have atleast 2 to 3 GB of free space in the drive where the os is installed!!!!
Try it!!!
And tell........

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Delete your Hiberfil.sys in your installation Directory
You may have to enable viewing Hidden Files & Folder & Then Unchecking "Hide Operating System Files"
Restart Your PC
Then Right Click >Properties >Screensaver >Power>Hibernate>Enable Hibernation
I think This will do it

OP
T

tushdante

yeah i made sure that my xp drive had atleast 6gigs free. i have also tried the deleting the file but i am still unable to hibernate. i just get my desktop with a warning symbol in the taskbar and then the hibernate option gets disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom