Windows Quick INSTALL CD??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishant

Broken In
my frn has a win98 cd that only copies the files to hard disk with all the drivers for his computer.. it takes less than 5 minutes to complete... he said that he used a software to make that cd which only takes the snapshot of windows hard drive.. so its very easy and fast to install win98 on his computer....

but he lost and forgot the name of that software(or may be he dont want to tell)

i used nero hard disk backup tool but it takes 9-10 cds to take the snapshot of the hard drive..

so can anyone tell me the software which takes only the snapshot of windows files and not the entire drive. so i can install windows quickly on my computer....

[deXter]

Journeyman
There could be two things

1) He used a imaging program to make an image of his windows partition, and since win 98 occupies less space, it would have fit on a single cd, and the cd would have an image resotring program like Ghost or drive image etc

2) The win98 install cd could have been automated so one need not enter all that settings while installing 98, like an express install

*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=214727&product=w98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom