windows mail Beta Build _11.00.0003.0056

Status
Not open for further replies.

choudang

Padawan
microsoft made it look a bit nicer, more blues and windows logos....... question is how can we signed up for it? need a invite? i heard that we can do it using hotmail a/c.

*img473.imageshack.us/img473/5803/windowsmailbeta6au.jpg

godsownman

Padawan
There is no invitation as such you have to just register for the invitation on their site and then hope that they look at your request.

They just transfer your account to the Windows Live Beta server then, if your lucky.

I had applied for mail beta at another site , but now today I applied for Windows Live beta at another site.

Regards

cryptid

Journeyman
Next Windows Messenger

well this is what the next Windows Messenger will be called *Windows Live messenger*
Code:
 Windows Live Messenger beta
See. Hear. Share. Instantly.
What it is
Windows Live Messenger will be the next-generation MSN Messenger. It will have everything you already love about Messenger—your contact list, emoticons, and instant access to your friends via text, voice, and video—plus new ways to connect and share documents with almost magical ease. As always, it will be free to download Messenger and use most of its features.
What you will be able to do with it
• Send all your familiar winks and emoticons, plus some cool new ones
• Have real-time text, video and voice conversations*
• Call your friends’ mobile or land-line telephones with Windows Live phone call, and make affordable domestic and international calls**
• Easily share documents of all kinds with Sharing Folders
• Make free PC-to-PC calls with other Messenger users
*Both parties must have compatible Web cameras, speakers, and microphones.
**Windows Live phone call is provided by a Microsoft partner.
System Requirements
• Multimedia PC
• Pentium 233 MHz process (500 MHz recommended)
• Microsoft Windows XP
• Minimum 128 MB of RAM (256 MB recommended)
• Up to 50 MB of hard disk space for installation, 15 MB to run the program.
• Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 SP1 or later must be installed on your computer, though it does not need to be your default.
• Minimum 800 x 600 screen resolution
Frequently Asked Questions
Voice calling? How will that work?
This feature will let users who sign up for Windows Live phone call (provided by a Microsoft partner) to easily call landline and mobile phones. You will be able to set up a Windows Live Call account through the Messenger interface and start making calls within minutes. You will be able to purchase minutes upfront, then add minutes when your balance runs low. One of the great things about this will be that you will be able to use it to make really affordable domestic and international calls.
You will be able to make PC-to-PC calls for free, with no need to sign up for a Windows Live phone call account, so long as you and your Messenger contact both have compatible speakers and microphones (or headsets).
What are Sharing Folders?
Sharing Folders will be a new and simple way for you to share personal photos, documents, and files with your Messenger contacts. You will be able to create a Sharing Folder by simply dragging files onto a contact name in Messenger. This will create an exact copy of the files on both you and your contact's computers, and create a Sharing Folder that can be accessed from Messenger, and on the desktop.
I can already share documents using e-mail. So what's the big deal?
The Sharing Folder will be easier than email for sharing photos and documents. In a Sharing Folder, any time a file in the folder is added, modified, or deleted, those changes will be synchronized with the person you’re sharing with. The Sharing File icon in Messenger will also show you a gleam on a contact so you will know when a Sharing File has been updated. And it will be a simple drag-and-drop to share files, even simpler than the “send file� and “save as� functions you are already familiar with in Messenger.
The Sharing Folders will work pretty much like the PC folder experience you already know, so it will make sense right away. Just like in Windows, you will be able to drag and drop, get different views of files, copy, paste, etc. You will be able to access a Sharing Folder from your desktop, to manage files whether online or offline. And a Sharing Folder requires virtually zero setup or configuration, and efficiently handles file synchronization without any fuss.
source ..::*ideas.live.com/::..

at present only Live Mail is present for Beta testing the Messenger Beta Version is not yet Out

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
I never get those Blue ads on Mail Beta .. I guess they are blocked by Maxthon .. I remember ppl complaining about bulky Flash ads but I get none .. Even when I turn off ad blocking ..
I hope they will sooooon change the title of the window from "mail" to "Windows Live Mail" ..
Anyways .. Hotmail is always the better name ..

[Edit] And btw . I just noticed the address is changed from mail.start.com to mail.live.com ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom