Windows installer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been getting this msg (ERROR 1635)whenever i open ANY installation package:

"This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I have windows installer 3 package on my os win xp mce 2005. i have all updates installed on my PC.I recently removed a torjan from my PC and the problem is since then.Can sumone help me out !:confused:

Last edited:

legolas

Padawan
google search pointed me to this link,
*www.appdeploy.com/msierrors/detail.asp?id=42

hope it works! otherwise, search for other hits with google search string
Error 1635 windows

OP
Ihatemyself

Ihatemyself

What?
google search pointed me to this link,
*www.appdeploy.com/msierrors/detail.asp?id=42

hope it works! otherwise, search for other hits with google search string
Error 1635 windows
wont work...there is no entry of windows installer in add or remove or any other uninstaller but i did update to 3.1 last month:confused:.The utilty doesnt get installed-same error.
I tried googling before starting this thread and found the same pages. those solutions dont work for me

anandk

Distinguished Member
Looks like your Windows Installer package .msi file has been corrupted. You may have to re-register or re-install it. Click *support.microsoft.com/kb/315346 to learn how to do it.

OP
Ihatemyself

Ihatemyself

What?
Looks like your Windows Installer package .msi file has been corrupted. You may have to re-register or re-install it. Click *support.microsoft.com/kb/315346 to learn how to do it.

Didnt work out .I ve already tried it..Plz help me guys:(

sumigizlov

Broken In
may be this can solve your problem
*www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Dial-a-fix.shtml*www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Dial-a-fix.shtml
if that doesnt help than may be u need to reinstall windows

OP
Ihatemyself

Ihatemyself

What?
I dont want to reinstall. I have HP recovery discs .They take hell lot of time.I know this is a silly question but
Does someone know some alternative to windows installer. Can the problem i am having due to File sharing problems ie permissions problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom