Windows 98 Unatended boot cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubhav_har

In the zone
Hey ppl.. This is Anubhav.. I wanna know the full process for creating a unattended full installation of Windows 98 SE. Someone please help. I already made unateneded installation disks of Windows 2000 and Windows XP, now I wanna make a disk of Windows 98SE

OP
A

anubhav_har

In the zone
Hey go to the E:\WindowsXP\SUPPORT\TOOLS folder where WindowsXp is your Backup folder for your Windows XP. Then open the deploy.cab file. Extract hte setupmgr.exe from the cab file. Then start the program and follow the steps there. Create a new answer file. Click Windows Unattended Installation. Click the operating system. Click fully automated. Click No, this answer file will be used to install from a CD. Agreee license agreement and input all data needed. After ending it, it weill create a unattended.txt file. Copy this file to a floppy and rename it as winnt.sif. Then when installing insert the floppy and it will autodetect all settings and install Windows.
But beware this formats the main partition or another partition. So check out and then install it.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
The total automated/unattended installation of Windows 98 Se can be made, if u hv the Full installation CD!

By full installation, I mean the CD whcih contains all folders of Setup, in those folders, u'll find a folder, named "BATCH".

In this folder, u'll find Setup.exe file , run it and open the installed application. Follow the instructions and provide all information that u usually provide at installation time, like User name, password, timezone, language, components, etc.

What this batch s/w does, is simply create a file "MSBATCH.INF" in setup folder. and VOILLA! When u'll run the setup, everything will be filled automatically and u can sit around and see the magic. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom