Status
Not open for further replies.

kramamurthy

Right off the assembly line
I have a HP Pavillion dv4 Laptop (4GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, 2GH processor). When I installed windows 7 beta, it booted fine a couple of times, but it stopped loading explorer after a while. I sent a feedback to Microsoft and I tried to find some ad-hoc solution myself. It turned out that I could go to the task-manager and start explorer as a new task. From that point on I had no problem, but I had to follow this procedure everytime I rebooted. I have now installed the Release Candidate of Windows 7 and I stll have the same problem It is strange that there is a basic boot problem on a standard machine like HP Pavillion. Incidentally, all keys are disabled at startup except the Ctrl+shift+Escape combination. I will be much obliged if someone out there has a solution to this problem

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
^^ did you do a clean install (formatting the drive during the installation) or upgraded it over an existing OS?

I have been test-driving Windows 7 RC since 6th May 2009 and during this experimentation, I had installed it atleast 10 times and there has been absolutely no problems.I am impressed with it and finally Microsoft has put out the best so far.(Vista was a real cheat)

risrockz

Right off the assembly line
i can suggest a solution this will run the explorer.exe automatically when your OS boot
1. Download glary utility from *www.glaryutilities.com/ . Its a freeware
do a 1 click maintenance then reboot
if the problem still continues then2. in glary utilities go Module>optimize and Improve>Startup Manager
3. In startup manager add program name whatever you want to name in path type explorer.exe and dont toch the third one and then click on ok
reebot and now the problem shoud not arise

Neers

Broken In
I think the Basic problem is with the cd or dvd through which you have installed the windows 7, some imp files shud've been corrupted or may be if you have plugged your pendrive so there must be the conficker worm, that is creating such problems with windows systems........... I think you shud use any good updated antivirus and scanned all the drives. And if the problems doesnt seems to removed, go for the fresh install again, now with the other source.

Hope it would help some better, if you want to remove conficker worm mannually here is the solution...

Remove Conficker B++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom