Windows 7 - my review

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi360

Always confused
I have been beta testing windows 7 for about 20 days and found some interesting changes. But I personally feel that Vista is equally good and vista didnot leave me any bad expereinces on my Dell Inspiron 1525.
The UI change is appreciable. It uses less RAM than vista and some features are newly added.
For users who are still using XP, you should try this beta as you are going to upgrade or migrate to 7 in future. The IE8 is a tremendous improvement over IE7 and it finally loads pages quickly and comparable to Firefox. Though the acid3 test results are odd there is another fact that IE8 renders top webpages faster than any browser.
And finally, Win7 beta is good upgrade if you are still on XP and vista users may feel they can skip this one as beside UI changes this is nothing but polished VISTA and the same performance can be achieved by fine tweaking rather than buying a costlier upgrade pack.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I found Windows 7 to be MUCH better than Vista and XP, so much so that I had to install it in my Linux box. :p
It was not only faster, but less resource intensive, UAC didn't irritate as much in Vista and looked better as well.
It would be a 9/10 for me (as opposed to 5/10 Vista)

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
Big Fan of Windows 7 here, Additicted to it don't Know why.. After using Windows 7 Beta for a while when I switched to Vista trust me, I hated Vista.. But it will be a long wait for me coz the final version will be shipped only in September 2009,

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
lol. what a review.

^^yes. Vista drivers work with windows 7. Been using win7 beta since it's launch and no issues at all. Perfect OS

OP
vamsi360

vamsi360

Always confused
thats my first writing........i never wrote any reviews before ..

But....win7 just is "polished vista" and is widely acknowledged for fixing the glitches and bugs found in vista and is not looked as a miliestone OS as VISTA.
These are the features that Vista promised but delivered in 7 thats it.

ONe thing i would add is that many say that "UAC is irritating". Thats a very small tweak and if its so irritating they can use TweakUAC or just disable UAC. One more thing is that why linux fans complain about UAC? It is better than typing the password eachtime in Ubuntu to authenticate inorder to gain root previleges. I suppose that being a linux or opensource fan doesnot mean that you should discourage other software. Linux is good and as far as my research about OSes and their architecture Windows is definitely evolving......
Solaris architecture better than Windows Xp better than linux 2.6 architecture.
Its the users ultimate opinion that decides what they prefer.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
wow , i doesnt even needed to install drivers , everything was preinstalled .

also i have heard that RC1 is like a TimeBomb version and will not work after release of actual win7 ?

expertno.1

Technomancer
i was very surprised to see windows 7 working faster than vista , a little improvement on the kernel part . better task processing and increased har disk cache management .

its great ! probably the next XP for us !

*rajeshonfire.co.cc/share/files/images.jpg

Either my eyes are crazy, or windows 7 taskbar looks quite similar to KDE4.2 taskbar.
*img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=200903301517021152x864s.png

PS: excuse the clutter :D

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
actually i did find a pretty strange memory leak issue in win 7.... and reported it ... MSDN subscriber...

Played a .mkv file with KMP player.... after installing the KLite Codec pack....

It shows the BSOD in which it dumps the memory and restarts.... darn did it 4 times..... :(....

i thght it was due to my Zune s/w first..lolz....

ps. I heard all Xp drivers work in Win 7...but its not all true...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
nope. not winxp drivers.

All Vista drivers work in win7. Never dared to install any h/w drivers for XP in Win7.

fabler

Journeyman
I've installed windows 7 build 7057. Its kool. It has a nice set of wallpaper and a new logon screen. Speed is much better than other builds..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom