Windows 7 boot problem after installing windows xp

vikrant333

Owner of Core i7
I had 4 partitions on my hard drive. I had XP on C drive and win7 on F drive. I had to reinstall and reformat the xp partition i.e C drive due to virus, which had XP on it. After I reinstalled XP, the boot menu did not appear and I am not given the choice to boot into windows 7. Then i install the another copy of windows 7 in C drive and F drive contains the win 7 also. After installing then no option of F drive win7.

Please help me to get back the F drive win7 as it contains the very important software installed on F drive which i can`t take again.
the f drive win7 is not getting harmed , i think only boot.ini file is missing

So please help me to get back the win7

Post In Appropriate Section from Next

Last edited by a moderator:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
If you have one Windows 7 in C: and another in F:, I think, you will be given an option to boot into the OS of your choice.

In either case, right click my computer-> manage->Storage->Disk Management. Is your F: listed there?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@vikrant333: u did a mistake in 1st place itself....always install win7 after installing
winXP...u did the reverse so boot.ini or OS is corrupted......

to get the installation back of win7 in drive F: use an app known as 'BCEdit'...
which will show u all the installed partitions boot info.....there more softwares available
but i dnt remeber them....

copy of post i read in this forum

please thank the poster, not me

i havent tried it myself...

How to install XP after Win 7 64bit
Here is how you do it

1. You have already installed Windows 7. Now insert the Windows XP disc and restart the computer. Install XP in drive D. After restarting, your computer will boot directly into Windows XP.

2. In XP, insert Windows 7 DVD and type the following on command prompt

XBootBootsect.exe NT60 All
where X is the driver letter of your dvd drive.

3. Restart. It will boot in Windows 7 and you'll have no option to select XP.

4. Now, in Windows 7, open the command prompt with admin access and type the following one by one

Bcdedit create {ntldr} d windows XP

Bcdedit set {ntldr} device partition=C

Bcdedit set {ntldr} path ntldr

Bcdedit displayorder {ntldr} addlast

Or just copy the above 4 lines in notepad and save it as a .bat file and run it.

5. Restart. Now you will get the option to choose between Windows 7 and Windows XP.

Hope this helps. Has always worked for me.

Mention The source ( link ) Clearly so that we can thank him on his thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom