windows 7 and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare_devil

Broken In
Hi friends,
i just got my free windows 7 upgrade dvd from dell so i upgraded my vista to 7,
now many games which i played on vista they cover up all the screen, window stretch them to fit horizontal and vertically, but that not happening in windows 7, there is black screen in both side of game screen, i cant change resolution of these games so only way is window stretch them to fir on screen.
So, what i want to know what was in vista which make this happen but wasn't in win 7? is there any tweak by which i can do this?

I am using a dell studio 15 lapi with ati 4570 graphics card, i didn't find any thing in ati catalyst center to (windows 7 version)

jal_desai

In the zone
Did you try re-installing your graphics drivers??? I suggest you backup your saved games and reinstall the games.

sellyanes

Right off the assembly line
I was using the windows XP but I am using windows 7 right now. I am thinking about the dual operating systems. It will help me in doing work. Lots of games are not supporting the windows 7 for me. I need to install windows xp. I will install the windows XP within a week.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@dare_devil. what is the resolution that set for windows 7 and what is the resolution that it set for your games (from game's menu)

Bijesh_matya

Right off the assembly line
Windows 7 being New will not support some of the programmes especially games.First update all the drivers from motherbord to graphics card. Try again, Compatblity mode can work for some applications may be for some DX 9,DX 10 based games

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Same problem was with me. Try changing Frequency of the resolution. The game utilizes full screen when it set the frequency to 75hz. It worked for almost all games like Dead Space, Dragon age origins, Grid, etc.

When it comes to my resolution. I will be on 640*480 Resolution. and i can see bands in my screen even if i am in 1280*720 resolution. Changing the resolution's frequency was the only way to get rid of the bands.

Remember that the change should be made in game display setting and not in windows display settings.

Give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom