WIn XP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi
Recently My windows XP showed an error while working . A bluse screen appered which showed that an error has occured and it starts " Physical Memory DUmp". Now it is appering everytime i switch on my computer. What could be the possible reason for this and how to solve this.

Madhur

rajas

In the zone
Hi madhur

the famous BSOD have hit u too. BSOD can be B'coz of H/W or S/W. So please post the stop error name or the error number. the number is listed under technical information
eg: stop: 0x000000....
chk the link for a sample BSOD *radio.weblogs.com/0001015/images/2003/02/24/bsod.gif
with the name: bad_pool_header and number: 0x00000019

please post the complete error and could get a better solution from this forum.

mo0nl0rd

Right off the assembly line
very truely you are undoubtedly looking at the Blue Screen Of Death. That means that some or other part of your windows installation has gone corrupt or there is a faulty hardware in your computer.

The actual problem can only be analysed after you actually give the error code that appears on the screen.

If the prolem is software based then use repair option on windows installation disk. a simple way to check what is faulty s to try to boot from a live cd like knoppix or baterXP.

If the problem is otherwise then may be some hardware is loosely connected or it has been totally corrupted.

OP
M

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
hi

The technical info about the error is
***STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005,0XF946EACC,0XF996B950,0XF996F64C)
***imagedrv.sys - Address F946EADC base at F9460000, Date Stamp 3E85B17D

plsoft

Journeyman
well i faced the same problem. i complained it to my hardware retailers but they couldnt solve it. I have a 256*2 RAM. after i removed one of the RAM my computer is working perfectly. Believe me, when the RAM is not good any driver can give you a problem. So my advise is try changing yur RAM.

stalin

Journeyman
Get same Type of RAM. Same speed like 266Mhz or 400Mhz. else remove one RAM if RAM is not problem then remove the new hardward component which you recently installed. This may cause problem.

cg84

Broken In
go to microsoft.com and use their search facility by querying the "STOP:..." line in the search box.

or, u can go to the following link:
*www.microsoft.com/technet/support/eventserrors.mspx

their choose windows XP and type the error code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom