Will using laptop with power supply throughout cause battery wear

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,
I have small doubts about laptop usage...

1. I am using laptop mostly at home or office with power supply always available (except during power shutdowns). Since power shutdowns are random, I am unable to remove the battery and work. Will the battery face wear/loss of life if the laptop is almost always connected to power during use?

2. To avoid heating, I am seating the laptop on a fan. Since it is local make fan (100-200 rupees cost), I am worried if it will worsen problems, so I am not connecting the fan (only allowing natural ventilation to reduce heating). Which is better?

Thanks in advance
Arun

MegaMind

Human Spambot
1. My friend use his 6 yr old Dell laptop the same way(always on power except power shutdowns) & his lappy battery is still hail & healthy with 2hrs backup during browsing stuff... So u are safe here...

2. Please avoid those fans, 2 of my friends's dell lappy battery died exactly a yr of usage.. They use the same cooler u've mentioned.. I guess they are of zebronics/some generic brands with 180mm fan...

doomgiver

Warframe
mine is not, hp dv6846tx, 3 years old, battery went kaput in 10 months. even tho i discharged it completely a few times a week, it didnt survive, and i was left with almost no battery at all. got a chinese battery for 1.5k, it worked for a year, its also dead now.

now im using the laptop with a ups, lol.

i have a smps fan(taken from an old unit) and attatched it to a mobile charger(nokia) it works fine, and cools well.