Will this game run on this configuration?

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
few days before i had p4 based system...now recently switched to C2D system e7300,g33,2gb,250gb,hd4830,bijli cab, vs 19' monitor.
but why are u asking????

rock_on

Right off the assembly line
^no chance. If you wanna play games get a gfx card and get a new rig.

You talking to mate??.Its fine really am a console gamer so I dont need a new rig.Orange box was the only game I wanted on pc cos controls of valve games suck on consoles.Am not getting a new gfx card for 1 game

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
It's Rs. 6,300 here in B'lore.
8 k in Mumbai u say

Hmm, I wanted to confirm the prices.
Cud u tell me the brand name too, I'll add it here.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96218&page=1

or post the brand and the prices here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96218&page=8

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Yo, CompAddict I made a mistake, LOL. Today I confirmed it. I went to the shop & asked him the price of Sapphire Radeon HD4830 512MB, he told me it's Rs. 7,850!! and of course it would become Rs. 8k if we add VAT!! And do you want to know the price of ZOTAC GeForce 9800GTX+ [not AMP!]????

sa_still_rocks

SA ~San Andreas
Hey comp@ddict,

You said that the 9500GT would run on my pc but my local dealer says that it may or may not be supported by my mobo as it has DDR2 VRAM.

And how much VRAM did you tell? 256 or 512??
I get the card here @6K. Fair deal??????

{offtopic}Should I upgrade to 1.5GB Ram@1.6K or buy a new HD(2X80GB) @1.8K??

Rig:-Intel D915GAV mobo
P4 2.8Ghz procy
512DDR Ram
160GB Seagate HD
Onboard Graphics
Samsung SyncMaster 793s

{/offtopic}

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
It doesn't matter what kind of RAM the GPU uses. You just need to have a PCI-Express x16 slot for it to work. Forget DDR2, even a GPU with DDR5 RAM can work with your PC.

Definitely upgrade your RAM as 512 MB is too little for gaming.
Not point in spending 1.8K for a 80 GB HDD when a 250 GB one costs only 300 bucks more.

devaj

Hi there experts, This is my computer configuration got by using cpuz and gpuz utilities: CPUZ: *i39.tinypic.com/33jtgte.jpg *i43.tinypic.com/jtqy36.jpg *i43.tinypic.com/z09sg.jpg *i43.tinypic.com/ifydzt.jpg*i42.tinypic.com/345ivwy.jpg GPUZ: *i43.tinypic.com/95pveu.jpg Motherboard does not support ddr2.NO graphics card. Please do tell me what needs to be upgraded or changed as after reading this thread I know I won't be able to play the latest games (please do correct me if I am wrong).Do I need to buy something new,say graphic card or motherboard.Which graphic card shall be best for this config.And lastly do I stick with this motherboard or buy a new one.​

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
What kind of graphic extension Slot your mobo has ? I mean Pci-e ( PCI express ) or AGP.

If your mobo has pci-e then You can go for Palit 9600GT or Palit HD4850 cards.

If it only has AGP then the best you can get is palit 7300Gt.

If your mobo has a agp slot I would strongly recomend for a whole system upgrade.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
@ devaj

I have played a lot of games on ATI Radeon X200 graphics(through onboard graphics :) ) (in 06/07)
COD 4 , Crysis , Prince Of Persia :The Two Thrones , Just Cause ,The Godfather .

These games were pretty playable.I used Pentium D n 2 GB RAM.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Yo, CompAddict I made a mistake, LOL. Today I confirmed it. I went to the shop & asked him the price of Sapphire Radeon HD4830 512MB, he told me it's Rs. 7,850!! and of course it would become Rs. 8k if we add VAT!! And do you want to know the price of ZOTAC GeForce 9800GTX+ [not AMP!]????
No I'm okay wid HD4830 price, thanks a ton

I'll add it

Motherboard does not support ddr2.NO graphics card. Please do tell me what needs to be upgraded or changed as after reading this thread I know I won't be able to play the latest games (please do correct me if I am wrong).Do I need to buy something new,say graphic card or motherboard.Which graphic card shall be best for this config.And lastly do I stick with this motherboard or buy a new one.
Chill, jus tell as already mentioned PCIE or AGP slot, wich one do u have?

{offtopic}Should I upgrade to 1.5GB Ram@1.6K or buy a new HD(2X80GB) @1.8K??
The rAM

Hey comp@ddict,

You said that the 9500GT would run on my pc but my local dealer says that it may or may not be supported by my mobo as it has DDR2 VRAM.

And how much VRAM did you tell? 256 or 512??
I get the card here @6K. Fair deal??????
[/quote]
1. Stay away from that dealer, and 6k mate, he's LOOTING YOU WITH THat.

2. It will be supported by the mobo no matter what bcuz it has PCI-E Slot.

3. Don't pay a buck over 4k for a 9500GT.

4. Tell me the other cards he has. AND AGAIN, dun pay 6k for 9500GT, that's the price of the 9600GT!!!!

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Yo! Comp, My cousin's confused with which GPU to buy. Which's better XFX GeForce 9800GTX+ 512MB or Sapphire Radeon HD4850 512MB Dual-slot cooler. It terms of performance. He's not worried about the price. But only he's worried that which is having better performance. Please tell me as I have to tell him which one to buy!!

sorry to interupt your discussion people , but i have a nooby question to ask

Will GTA 4 run on this config ??

C2D 1.8Ghz
8500GT 512MB [Hybrid card]
3GB DDR2 ram

I know this is badly outdated but i am stuck with this for the next few months atleast

If i can run it how far can i tweak the gfx settings , without making the game look like a slide show ?
1)low settings
2)medium
3)somewhat high

Last edited:

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

C2D 1.8Ghz
3GB DDR2 ram

I know this is badly outdated but i am stuck with this for the next few months atleast

If i can run it how far can i tweak the gfx settings , without making the game look like a slide show ?
1)low settings
2)medium
3)somewhat high

CPU's OK to run GTA IV. GPU's the culprit, but it should be able to play GTA IV at ultra low settings :(. RAM's great! :D. I will surely be a little faster than slideshow even on low settings. Better upgrade to a better CPU- C2D E7300@2.5GHz=Rs. 5.3k I think!!& GPU- ATi Radeon HD4670 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT=Rs. 6k

C2D 1.8Ghz
3GB DDR2 ram

1)low settings
2)medium
3)somewhat high

CPU's OK to run GTA IV. GPU's the culprit, but it should be able to play GTA IV at ultra low settings :(. RAM's great! :D. It will surely be a little faster than slideshow even on low settings. Better upgrade to a better CPU- C2D E7300@2.5GHz=Rs. 5.3k I think!!& GPU- ATi Radeon HD4670 or NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT=Rs. 6k

Last edited:

devaj

What kind of graphic extension Slot your mobo has ? I mean Pci-e ( PCI express ) or AGP.

If your mobo has pci-e then You can go for Palit 9600GT or Palit HD4850 cards.

If it only has AGP then the best you can get is palit 7300Gt.

If your mobo has a agp slot I would strongly recomend for a whole system upgrade.
Thankyou all for your great response.(sorry for the late post,was busy with a friend of mine who was facing a family problem).The mobo manual says that I have only one PCIE_16_1(PCI-ECLK,100Mhz) SLOT AND 3 PCI SLOTS (PCICLK,33Mhz).It also says that it could support dual channel memory (have 2 memory slots,out of which one already has 512mb ddr2 400mhz transcend ram).Please also do advise on the ram upgrade.
I rest the case upon you experts.Would Palit HD4850 be supported by my mobo or is it going to be bottlenecked by the cpu,ram or something else.(please do let me know if you need additional information).GOD bless​

Last edited:
Top Bottom