Will this game run on this configuration?

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I have this strange issue of NFS MW (2005) not working in Windows 8. The game loads and the menus and options are working perfectly. But, The moment when I click on Start Race, I get an error message like "NFS Most Wanted has stopped working".

BTW, It was working on the same config but on Windows 7. Reinstalling didn't help, either. Tried running in Compatibility mode too. But, it has not been resolved yet.

Is there any fix for this kind of issue??

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I have this strange issue of NFS MW (2005) not working in Windows 8. The game loads and the menus and options are working perfectly. But, The moment when I click on Start Race, I get an error message like "NFS Most Wanted has stopped working".

BTW, It was working on the same config but on Windows 7. Reinstalling didn't help, either. Tried running in Compatibility mode too. But, it has not been resolved yet.

Is there any fix for this kind of issue??

Try using something like DxWnd

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
did you install the patch update 1.3 ? Also if you are using / have the original cd try using a no cd crack. Now don't raise an alarm :D it's perfectly normal to use a no cd crack if you own a legit copy of the game to avoid the annoyance to mount the CD every time you want to play.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
did you install the patch update 1.3 ? Also if you are using / have the original cd try using a no cd crack. Now don't raise an alarm :D it's perfectly normal to use a no cd crack if you own a legit copy of the game to avoid the annoyance to mount the CD every time you want to play.

Thanks for the reply. Will try it and let you know what happens. :)

BTW, I started playing BurnOut Paradise and too busy with it to think about MW. :mrgreen:

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
I have a laptop:

Dell Inspiron 15R:

1366x768 pixels screen, but I run it at 1280x768 pixels with Black side patches, for gaming performance,

Core i5 (3rd generation) 3210M running at 2.5 Ghz (Boost to 3.1 Ghz),
4 GB RAM, can be expanded by me in case required,
Switchable graphics: Intel HD 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7670M 1 GB.
Windows 7 Home/ Basic Original & activated.

I already run Far Cry 3/ GTA 4/ NFS: The Run, with ok-ok to satisfactory results. They're playable at atleast 24 fps or so, on near to lowest settings.

I wish to run Far Cry 4 on it, on or around low settings... With the DRM sh*t going around, I don't play much new games anymore.... But Far Cry 4 has an Indian flavour to it. So, ready to bear DRM for once more...

Will my laptop play Far Cry 4, although the requirements mention 2.6 Ghz processor, but is silent on the make and model?

gameranand

Living to Play
I have a laptop:

Dell Inspiron 15R:

1366x768 pixels screen, but I run it at 1280x768 pixels with Black side patches, for gaming performance,

Core i5 (3rd generation) 3210M running at 2.5 Ghz (Boost to 3.1 Ghz),
4 GB RAM, can be expanded by me in case required,
Switchable graphics: Intel HD 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7670M 1 GB.
Windows 7 Home/ Basic Original & activated.

I already run Far Cry 3/ GTA 4/ NFS: The Run, with ok-ok to satisfactory results. They're playable at atleast 24 fps or so, on near to lowest settings.

I wish to run Far Cry 4 on it, on or around low settings... With the DRM sh*t going around, I don't play much new games anymore.... But Far Cry 4 has an Indian flavour to it. So, ready to bear DRM for once more...

Will my laptop play Far Cry 4, although the requirements mention 2.6 Ghz processor, but is silent on the make and model?

YES. :)

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
yo guys, help me out in this.

Q: how can i record a gameplay video with the ACTUAL FPS in-game while recording?

The reason i'm asking this is because, as you know, i have built up a powerful setup for gaming, but i dont have a good monitor, so i connected the PC to HDTV via HDMI. Now the problem with the TV is, its native res is not 1920x1080, yet it somehow up-scales to it ( the options for res are there! no idea how), but while doing it , it misfits the window,...hence, I can play games at 1080P but i can not see the FPS counter right or left bottom/top corners by ANY MEANS!

I tried using MSI afterburner, FRAPs, Shadowplay everthing but I cant see the FPS counter, so i need to have it recorded and see what FPS it was actually during the gameplay WITH the counter appearing in the recorded video.

Any idea?

amjath

Human Spambot
^AFAIK when you record the actual FPS will not be recorded, or you mean the counter hidden on some corner you want to see it?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
^AFAIK when you record the actual FPS will not be recorded, or you mean the counter hidden on some corner you want to see it?

exactly, how to bring it to somewhere more on the center? if possible.

One more thing, if i use MSI afterburner to have the counter on screen, and then record it with another recorder say shadowplay, will it come in the recorded video?

amjath

Human Spambot
exactly, how to bring it to somewhere more on the center? if possible.

One more thing, if i use MSI afterburner to have the counter on screen, and then record it with another recorder say shadowplay, will it come in the recorded video?

How to move location of cl_showfps display?

will this help?
I dont have gfx :p

Top Bottom