will the psu heat up?

Hi, I'm using a Corsair cx430v2 with other parts you may see in my signature. Now, the PSU's fan is inside the cabinet, sucking air from within the cabinet, into the PSU. So, as summer arrives the air inside the cabinet will be pretty hot and the PSU will simply be passing this hot air through it, so, my question is : will this create heating issue with the PSU? Can something be done? Any other advise?

I thought of manually cutting a 120 mm hole on top of the cabinet (for which I designed the whole cabinet including internals in SketchUp) and fit the PSU with the fan upside, but the PSU won't fit then as the holes on cabinet and PSU wouldn't match then and there is no metal to make new holes too.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi, I'm using a Corsair cx430v2 with other parts you may see in my signature. Now, the PSU's fan is inside the cabinet, sucking air from within the cabinet, into the PSU. So, as summer arrives the air inside the cabinet will be pretty hot and the PSU will simply be passing this hot air through it, so, my question is : will this create heating issue with the PSU? Can something be done? Any other advise?

I thought of manually cutting a 120 mm hole on top of the cabinet (for which I designed the whole cabinet including internals in SketchUp) and fit the PSU with the fan upside, but the PSU won't fit then as the holes on cabinet and PSU wouldn't match then and there is no metal to make new holes too.

You should place the PSU downwards in the cabinet fan facing bottom of your cabinet not upwards.You can place 1 or 2 fans blowing air out in the topside & 1 or 2 fans sucking air into the cabinet so that sucked air from front will be blown out from the topside.I hope you will understand.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Buddy, if my cabinet allowed bottom mounting of the psu, then I'd surely done that. I have a cheap zebronics cabinet. And I already have two intake fans and one excust fan and my system temperature's are good

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i3 & 8400gs are not so heat producing that you have to think about extra airflow.even a cheap cabinet with 2 standard fans is sufficient.only possible issue may be with hdd but even then as long as hdd temp remains below 50C it will be fine.psu is the least affected component in the system.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
i3 & 8400gs are not so heat producing that you have to think about extra airflow.even a cheap cabinet with 2 standard fans is sufficient.only possible issue may be with hdd but even then as long as hdd temp remains below 50C it will be fine.psu is the least affected component in the system.
I guess you saw the 8400gs in my sig., but you did not notice the word spare before it :D I'm not using it anymore. And I have 3 standred fans running

Top Bottom