Why the PS3 may not make it big....

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
georgy_can said:
9)No, Xbox 360's competetion will be with Wii..
thts not wat game developers think .... thts ur intuition

Denis Dyack who is the president of Canadian-based developer Silicon Knights said:
"The 360 and the PS 3 are equal in power in my eyes. Maybe the PS 3 has more processing power. The 360 has more available memory. It's pretty much a net, net," Dyack said in an interview with The Mercury News. "The public perception of the PS 3 was that it was much more powerful. To developers, they look even."
For Dyack's company, the question is down to Microsoft vs. Sony
"It's a tough one. Microsoft is looking really good. Everyone is looking pretty good. At the beginning, everyone thought Sony would walk away with it. We won't know for sure for two years."

Source

at the same time some new news abt the xbox 360:

Microsoft Hints at 80GB Xbox 360 Hard Drive

At a recent Microsoft event to promote upcoming games and the new Video-On-Demand service, a retail Xbox 360 unit was shown with an 80GB hard drive installed. While it's 20GB short of the previously rumoured 100GB hard drive, it still offers a fourfold increase in storage capacity for users to download their new content onto. As with the stock 20GB hard drive, a portion will be allocated for system use.

Source

honestly georgy do u really think wii is even in the competition

here's a walkthrough of MS's Live market place for the xbox 360 Video

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Georgy_Can said:
9)No, Xbox 360's competetion will be with Wii..

[Note:please donot write about something u don't Know or have much knowledge about!!!!...]

*img97.imageshack.us/img97/8513/netv6.jpg

Last edited:

Georgy_Can

Broken In
mAV3 said:
thts not wat game developers think .... thts ur intuition

For Dyack's company, the question is down to Microsoft vs. Sony
"It's a tough one. Microsoft is looking really good. Everyone is looking pretty good. At the beginning, everyone thought Sony would walk away with it. We won't know for sure for two years."

Source

at the same time some new news abt the xbox 360:

Microsoft Hints at 80GB Xbox 360 Hard Drive

At a recent Microsoft event to promote upcoming games and the new Video-On-Demand service, a retail Xbox 360 unit was shown with an 80GB hard drive installed. While it's 20GB short of the previously rumoured 100GB hard drive, it still offers a fourfold increase in storage capacity for users to download their new content onto. As with the stock 20GB hard drive, a portion will be allocated for system use.

Source

honestly georgy do u really think wii is even in the competition

here's a walkthrough of MS's Live market place for the xbox 360 Video

The comment I gave about and Wii and Xbxo 360 was supposed to be funny.

But Mav let me tell that at the end Wii will be at the 2nd place for sure and could even be at the first because of its price and creative motion sensing technolgy.

U guys just complaned about my Comment # 9, that means u agree with my all other comments. If u do then why didn't u post a reply to the guy that was criticizing PS3 without any Solid reason....

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
PS3 is definitely gonna make it BIG :D

coz PS3's got way more FEATURE RICH GAME.

Like the PS3 Exclusive F1 2006.
"Formula One 06 is a formula one racing game for the PlayStation 3, which features live interaction with the PSP for use as a wing mirror."

can you ever imagine anything like this in any other so called Next Gen Console..

Same feature might be implied on ther games like FIA WRC.

if get $1000 :D, i'll buy a PS3 & two PSP, just for the sake of playing games like F1.

:D :D two PSP serving the purpose of two rear view Mirrors.

MAN what NEXT!!!.

this proves PS3 is a true next gen. console. :D

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Georgy_Can said:
u agree with my all other comments. If u do then why didn't u post a reply to the guy that was criticizing PS3 without any Solid reason....
i am a customer who prefers to buy something that is better than wat is in the market within my budget .... be it ps3 or xbox 360 .... i dod not reply to tht guy coz honestly i didnt think it was worth coz every1 knows tht ps3 is a really good product though priced high ..... and here is whr MS has the edge coz wii - no comments, ps3 toooo costly .... xbox well fits the budget by stretching it for a good product .....

and honestly guys xbox 360 is not a bad product it rox maybe not as much as ps3 but i wud MS the benefit of doubt here considering it to be their first gaming console (xbox origial was pathertic)

if get $1000 :D, i'll buy a PS3 & two PSP, just for the sake of playing games like F1.
... cud u send me one of those after ur done playing the game

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
/\/\ Okay, i'll wish to get another $1000 & gift it to you.:D

this way we can link our PS3's & PSP's & RACE. :D :D

coz i just love the F1 game, i'm still playing the old F1 '99-'02 Challenge in my PC. i'm playing it from past two years & still it doesnt get anywhere near boring.

shaunak

Tux Fan
Due to IBM's Cell processor, it will be near impossible to pirate games for the PS3 [Hardware level security usually never fails, usually ;)] So after blowing a bundle on the console not many people will be in the mood to shop for original games. So in a way sony have struck the axe on their own foot.

Plus they are behind M$ in the race with quite a late launch.

This console is on a one way ticket to nowhere.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
shaunak said:
Due to IBM's Cell processor, it will be near impossible to pirate games for the PS3 [Hardware level security usually never fails, usually ;)] So after blowing a bundle on the console not many people will be in the mood to shop for original games. So in a way sony have struck the axe on their own foot.

Plus they are behind M$ in the race with quite a late launch.

This console is on a one way ticket to nowhere.

As its written in Vedas :
Every popular software will be pirated. :D

K

krazyfrog

tarey_g said:
As its written in Vedas :
Every popular software will be pirated. :D
There is one more thing written in the Vedas. "Every thing with the PS (Play Station) written on it will become successful" :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
krazyfrog said:
There is one more thing written in the Vedas. "Every thing with the PS (Play Station) written on it will become successful" :D

:D , Dude Ken Kutragi was not the author of vedas. ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
krazy with all due respect .... PS3's success has been questioned by a lot of game makers .... main reason pricing ....

K

krazyfrog

mAV3 said:
krazy with all due respect.PS3's success has been questioned by a lot of game makers.main reason pricing ....
But for all that price you do get a lot of stuff like Cell processor, BlueRay support, motion sensor wireless controllers and what not. How can you expect to get all this and more at a low price? And the price will eventually come down; take a look at ps2 pricing.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hey im not the 1 questioning it .... its atari and some other game developers

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
trust no one , its a ugly fight . Some developers are praising Ps3 so much and saying that a 360 can not handle their game only ps3 has the power for it, on the other hand same scene with the 360 exclusive developers they are cursing ps3. Atari is currently the crappiest developer around ruining the top movie franchises like Matrix.

K

krazyfrog

The game developers even complained about the difficulties in programming games for the ps2, but now look at the no. of games it has. The same will happen to PS3. I have no doubt about the fact that PS3 will make it big. Thats not to say XBOX 360 and Wii won't, but PS3 will out-sell them (just like what PS2 did to XBOX and GameCube). You'll see...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
xbox was a worthy console, but the library of games and exclusive titles was not like what PS2 had , but the story is different now , 360 has grabbed many exclusives and has its impressive exclusive line up too(Gears of war,halo3,Splinter cell 5 etc)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well the reason y siad tht was because the xbox was not a product from scratch which the 360 is... MS came up with xbox to compete with sony's market sweep but realised to gain market share they hav to come up with something really kick a$$ which the 360 is

OP
C

crazy_sumi

Broken In
Hey folks....

I agree with some people that I might be wrong ....
But there is no need to insult each other by saying things like " You dont know much about it...", " Dont talk about it , you idiot", and much other things..

Like someone already said... The battle is between PS3 and 360 , and there is no need to be angry towards any one.

Besides, the topic is subjective like others... different people have different views, you know!!

SolidSnake

Broken In
*news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6135452.stm

Electronics stores in Japan have sold out of PlayStation 3 consoles after thousands of gamers queued for hours in the cold to buy them.

Large queues meant some shoppers were turned away even before stores opened at 0700 local time (2100 GMT).
The console officially went on sale on 11 November but Sony only made 100,000 machines available on launch day. Instead of opening at midnight, stores organised lotteries to decide who in the queue would get a long-awaited PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom