Why my pc running too slow?

Bibhudatta6123

Right off the assembly line
Hello every one. I am new to this forum. I wanted to know why my pc runs slow, so I decided to ask you people what could be the possible reason.
Recently I purchased an assemble pc- AMD A6 6400k, Gigabyte A68HM, 8GB DDR3 RAM 1600MHz, 160 Gb HDD, LG DVD writer. I have installed windows 10 pro OS 64 bit. But it takes much time (2-4min)to boot and takes too much time to open apps like word, excel, or microsoft edge or firefox. I dont understand why it takes that much time and why does it not respond sometimes, although every component is new? Did I install the wrong OS the cpu cant handle? please let me know what should I do?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Return it, get your entire money back, fill this: Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST and then buy the suggested final config.

The A6 6400k is a 4 year old CPU. Somebody just sold you an EOL configuration.

Edit: Don't buy anything from that shop again.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Probably he bought used PC.

@OP
Try troubleshooting with the help of google.
Disable not so important app from start up, is the only thing I can think of right now. Askvg should have something for speeding up Win 10.

vito scalleta

In the zone
that old 160gb hdd must be the reason for such long boot times. If u replace it with a low end ssd u can see some good improvement in the responsiveness of ur pc especially the boot times

OP
B

Bibhudatta6123

Right off the assembly line
^ Probably he bought used PC.

@OP
Try troubleshooting with the help of google.
Disable not so important app from start up, is the only thing I can think of right now. Askvg should have something for speeding up Win 10.
no sir, i bought it new n assembled there..but I doubt win 10 is causing the problem, also 64bit OS.. I think its a bit hard for the processor to handle it..
even I have a laptop with i3 5th gen processor, 8gb ram and 1tb hdd (No SSD), but it runs very smooth with win 10 64 bit..
so I think I should try changing the os to a former one like win 7 or 8.1 32bit and see the difrnc..

nac

Aspiring Novelist
no sir, i bought it new n assembled there..but I doubt win 10 is causing the problem, also 64bit OS.. I think its a bit hard for the processor to handle it..
even I have a laptop with i3 5th gen processor, 8gb ram and 1tb hdd (No SSD), but it runs very smooth with win 10 64 bit..
so I think I should try changing the os to a former one like win 7 or 8.1 32bit and see the difrnc..
I am using about a decade old system. It wasn't slow like yours when I was booting OS from HDD. From pressing power button to login screen, system took about 30sec and may be another 30sec to load start up apps. It's something else, not your processor. If you troubleshoot, you will likely to fix this issue and your boot time will get better. If you want to go for an easy route, add SSD and will be blazing fast. For me it takes about 10sec to login screen and 4-5 sec to shutdown and it was better than this when it was new.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Seriously man, just return this EOL config and get your money back.

vito scalleta

In the zone

Just because they both are hdds doesnt mean they'll perform the same. and there is also the generation gap. I understand you were the first person to own the system. but that doesnt mean the system was assembled recently. That hdd is ages old.

Gauravs90

geek........
Please do some analysis yourself. You can have a look in task manager whenever a programs starts late, if the processor usage is at 100 % or Hard Disk usage is at 100%. This will give you the clear idea which component is bottleneck in your system.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please do some analysis yourself. You can have a look in task manager whenever a programs starts late, if the processor usage is at 100 % or Hard Disk usage is at 100%. This will give you the clear idea which component is bottleneck in your system.
Great suggestion!

Top Bottom