Why is Orkut so vulnerable to SQL Injection Scripts and Session hacking ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Okay,I think my topic title said it all, but yeah I d really like to know why is this so rampant on Orkut and not other sonets (social networking) like Facebook or even MySpace for that matter ..

anand1

In the zone
It has some bugs in its script but the main cause is something which is hard to guess....!:)

OP
Maverick340

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Dude, which theme?? If you are mentioned those various scripts floating around on orkut about skin changing .. then um thats not what i meant. In fact the very opposite.. how is orkut allowing such scripts to execute that allows rampant hacking ?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I have always assumed that Orkut is badly coded, leading to javascript exploits such as so many these days... Anyway I dont really know the answer, perhaps Rohan can share his knowledge?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
There are lot of flaws in Orkut, that even a normal user like me can notice

• There was a flaw in which one could See(even locked ones),Edit or Delete Albums of Any user.
  • *www.devilsworkshop.org/2008/04/18/orkut-album-bug-is-fixed-details-are-here/
  • the Comments on photos can't be deleted, so if someone type something. it would stay forever
  • there is method which steals your cookies just by clicking on a link:p
    so now anyone could login in your account

OP
Maverick340

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
It will turn out to be a la myspace. its a good thing more than half the us/uk population
dont know about it. otherwise "orkut sucks" would be making digg's frontpage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom