Why is Indian Animation/Cartoons so incredibly bad?

sujoyp

Grand Master
I would again say that its all about budget....if animation studios charge heavily just coz they get better paid from bits-n-pieces projects from hollywood..then y would they waste there time for a project in India

Also if they work for a part of project of hollywood they get a better exposure to world market...and chances of getting bigger project is more

And the thing is true that in India people think animations is for kids...even girls think that (I am surprised , those same girls would cuddle with there teddy bears even today) watching tom and jerry is such a stress buster those people wont know

SIDDHARTH.BEAM

Journeyman
Some Indian comic character like dhru natraj dooga& etc
Indian animation industry should try making movies on our own Indian comic heros.
Like people do in abroad.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dunno.. but ~8 years back Tenali Raman cartoon was very nice. It used to air on CN.

Better than these mota Bheems and chota Hanumans. Animation quality hasn't improved since Tenali Raman. I think these guys use Flash to animate.

Not related to cartoons, but anyone remembers Aryamaan? After Shaktimaan's success Mukesh Khanna invested quite a lot of money in Aryamaan and it flopped.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
our animation industry is totally depend on outsourcing projects ....one of my friend was working on Shreak 2 movie in 2008 ...and he told me that most part of that movie was made in india....just that since it was an outsource project no body can claim its made in india

yeah makes sense, guess
we dont consume it, we outsource it
in some convoluted way, good for us!

also, at least some of the bits of the biggest animated productions are contracted, so it's a matter of tracking down where portions of major projects are contracted to... and this never shows up in the credits, because the contractors are not workers in the relevant union of that industry, or dont have the necessary qualifications that these regular workers do
we may not watch animated movies, or we may not pay for apps and games, but we are one of the global hubs for these things
not taking the trouble to quote any articles

Flash

Lost in speed
@Faun - You should post that in here --> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cafe-games/148080-all-phail-epic-lol-pics-here-high-bandwidth.html

Not here! Thats not funny!
Indian Animation Industries do better than what you posted above!

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
Indian Animation
*www.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0028/9e32R27018.jpg

^^You can say that about the Bollywood industry. But Indian Animation Industry is lot better that that. At least they're trying their best with all the available budget, you guys should stop ridiculing it.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^hey it's cool, think we were supposed to notice the 9gag-like kulfoto.com watermark, which is what indian animators are wasting time doing :)

icebags

Technomancer
cartoons ? oh please ! those r children stuff, why even care to put so much effort and money for such childish thing .....

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
^^Admit it everyone of us spends time watching Tom&Jerry, Looney Tunes, Road-Runner-Show, Dragonball, Pokémon, Pink-Panther Show etc...

Flash

Lost in speed
cartoons ? oh please ! those r children stuff, why even care to put so much effort and money for such childish thing .....
That's a typical indian mentality on games and cartoons - "Child's play" or "Why're you still seeing this" or "You still play/see cartoons? Shame on you!!"
Cartoon is a form of art and creativity. Even the neanderthals (are believed to be) drawn dots and pictures on walls/caves.

Cartoon (paintings) is hardwired to us. Ignoring it as a child thing is just unwise.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I believe a good story or a good concept is more important than animation "quality".. Just see Simpsons, it has average animation quality but its a massive success..
Indian animation companies lack originality and believe in reusing the same old "religion" based cartoon idea over and over again..
And the fact that animated movies etc are considered "children's material" just like video games doesnt help either.. and those adults who actually watch cartoons are viewed as a strange new breed of homo sapien by those that dont. :/
On a side note, This is also one of the reasons why I dislike gameloft games.. They lack originality and good story

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Framing. animation is jumpy, too fast. Focus is on movements and actions, not the time it takes to do those things. Robot / endhiran, big budget example. The animated robot scenes are too fast and choppy. Compare with transformers / avengers scenes where action slows down when there is too much stuff going on.

Suspect it's just render time. Budgets are not accomodating machines doing most of the work for some reason.

Top Bottom