Which U.S. based webhost to go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello! :)

One of my friends, an American, is looking for a good web-host for his website. He needs around 1GB or more of storage space, at least, and a hefty monthly bandwidth. He’d be willing to spend around $50/year (maybe a little more).

Which one should I recommend to him? He wants a U.S. based host only and is pretty much technology illiterate. Is GoDaddy reliable? They are experts when it comes to domain name registration but I have no idea how good their hosting service is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
1TB of Space for 50$ year.....OMG :confused:

Good luck finding a host since a combination of cheap, reliable, fast wont be happening :)

Should be lucky to get the same thing for even 50$ a month

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
Go for servage its the best host according to me 7$/month
but if he uses the coupon cra100 it will be reduced to nearly 5$ month
Servage.net.
it has 4010GB bandwidth and 410GB space(Nearly Half terabyte ;) ).

mastermunj

In the zone
1TB of Space for 50$ year.....OMG :confused:

Good luck finding a host since a combination of cheap, reliable, fast wont be happening :)

Should be lucky to get the same thing for even 50$ a month

hi,

i am from mumbai... any host or reseller in mumbai who can be trusted for service and reliability?

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
@Aayush:
You didn't think of contacting me for this ?

hi,

i am from mumbai... any host or reseller in mumbai who can be trusted for service and reliability?

You better create a separate thread for your query :)

And you want the reseller to be based in Mumbai or his servers ? If it's the former, I'm one of such many on this forum.

mastermunj

In the zone
@Aayush:

You better create a separate thread for your query :)

And you want the reseller to be based in Mumbai or his servers ? If it's the former, I'm one of such many on this forum.

Thanks,

I already have a thread but since no one replied there in 2 days.. and i saw replies here so thought to ask here itself..

My Thread..

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88892

am bumping there again!! :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks to everyone for the help, guys. This guy finally chose this HostGator thing. :)

@Aayush:
Yes, I did. But this guy wants an American host only. And I have to say, I kinda agree with him. I don’t know about you, obviously, but all the Indian hosts I’ve seen so far suck big time. Also, U.S. based hosts are cheaper.

But I’m sending you an email about hosting my own company’s website. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom