Which Tablet to buy. iPad?

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm planning to buy iPad and was considering iPad3. Wanted to check where would be the best place to buy this online and if it's worth the price. Most probably this will be gifted to a family member. Heard about iPad mini launch but not sure. Should I wait for it?

It would be primarily used for browsing, watching movies,listening to songs and occasionally to take pics.

Earlier I had burnt my fingers with a low end Android tablet Spice Mi 720 so want to be cautious this time. Don't want to take chances.I don't mind spending extra bucks.
How is Galaxy Nexus tablet which was recently launched?

Waiting for replies on this.

raman0890

Broken In
Hey glad you decided to buy a tablet as of now iPad3 would be your best bet screen is absolutely gorgeous.I got one from istore in kamla nagar delhi.Build quality is rock solid of aluminium and its really fast.About nexus tab :its made by asus and has some quality issues like screen coming off the unit and moreover it is 1st gen product and relatively immature in comparison to iPad which is in its third year and has 2.5 lac apps you wont find on any other tab

lumia920

Banned
I'm planning to buy iPad and was considering iPad3. Wanted to check where would be the best place to buy this online and if it's worth the price. Most probably this will be gifted to a family member. Heard about iPad mini launch but not sure. Should I wait for it?

It would be primarily used for browsing, watching movies,listening to songs and occasionally to take pics.

Earlier I had burnt my fingers with a low end Android tablet Spice Mi 720 so want to be cautious this time. Don't want to take chances.I don't mind spending extra bucks.
How is Galaxy Nexus tablet which was recently launched?

Waiting for replies on this.

Get samsung galaxy tab 2@19k

R2K

In the Zone
^^
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think almost all good apps for iPad are paid apps / not free.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ but a recent survey said the best apps are free ..

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys any more suggestions?
Best place to buy if at all I decide on this and would look for EMI option.
Ebay or Sulekha?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Just wait, till the W8 tablets arrive. These Droid and even iOS tablets never made a sense to me!

s.gopal

Right off the assembly line
I will suggest you to buy it from istore, you can convert your credit card bill into EMI (before the bill is generated)……personally I don’t buy online unless there is another option.

Sarath

iDota
You did not state the usage scenarios. That would help a lot in providing appropriate inputs.

As far as tablets are concerned, the iPad 3 makes for the best one. Do JB it if you feel it has too many limitations.

The upcoming Win tablets hold lots of promise but I am not sure if you need them.

If regular surfing, FB, chat, facetime, reading distros/books, gaming and watching the odd video is what you want then the iPad delivers splendidly. I have been using the ipad2 and I surprisingly like it, considering how I was a harsh critic of the stupid elongated ipod called the ipad before.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Android's jb based tabs are also worth considering. Its highly stable. Nexus 7 is the first tab to get a taste of jelly bean and is worth considering for a 7 incher which is the sweet spot for
tablet form factor and can be carried without any hassle. Its cheap as well.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Thanks Sarath for your inputs. As always you are comments/suggestions/views are invaluable. This would be a gift for my wife. Her laptop is gone really old with keyboard gone kaput. Its very cumbersome for her to use the Dektop PC. She will mostly be using to browse the net for facebook, watching videos downloading any useful apps,listening to songs. Earlier I was thinking about going for Android Tablet but not sure about anything except Google Nexus. I thought I will go the safer route with iPad.
Waiting to find a good online deal preferably 12 months EMI.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ipad: most good apps are paid, not free, and you have to get HD versions which are costlier than the regular versions
even the good free ones have "optional" IAP / freemium model

ujjwal321

Journeyman
My suggestion will be to take a look at nexus 7 before u buy an ipad.. its an excellent tablet which performs az fluidly as ipad.. and i say this having used both the tablets.. it's much lighter and comfortable to use and portable than ipad.. you'll carry it outside more often than ipad.. if both tablets were similarly priced I'd reccomend ipad but since nexus is so cheap and yet so powerful you should go with it and save tonns of money..