which SMPS need for this Confg.

bhoolkumehul

Broken In
finally i selected below confg. which easily available by local dealer.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz 125Watts.
ASUS M5A88-M Mobo.
1333MHz 4GB RAM
DVD Drive.
1TB SATA HDD.

will get Graphics card in future.

so i have old VIP 400W real SMPS.

can above rig support this SMPS?
if no then which one?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Which graphics card you're planning to purchase in future??Will suggest psu based on your upcoming gfx card/model no./price point.;-)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes please post the exact model of the card that you will be buying. Its really hard to recommend without seeing the full config.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Considering you will get something like the Raedeon 6770 Hd get the Fsp Saga II 500w @2k

for cabinet get NZXT Gamma @2.5k

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
If you are going to get a low end to mid range card (like 6670, 6750), FSP Saga II 500w will suffice, it is priced around 2k
If you will be a getting a good card (like 6850), Corsair GS 600 for around 4k would be a good choice.

From what you say, I don't think you will be needing more than that

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Yeah but I would say go with GS600 to be on a safer side as you wont be reqquiring to change it for a long time as it can pretty much take care of any CPU with OC + Single GFX

doomgiver

Warframe
Corsair GS600.

Considering you will get something like the Raedeon 6770 Hd get the Fsp Saga II 500w @2k

for cabinet get NZXT Gamma @2.5k

Yeah but I would say go with GS600 to be on a safer side as you wont be reqquiring to change it for a long time as it can pretty much take care of any CPU with OC + Single GFX

1. FSP Saga II 500W @2k <- for gpu upto 67xx/57xx series(basic psu, can handle rig easily)
2. Corsair VX450 450W @3.5k <-OC comfortably with a 6850 (dont go by the 450W, this baby can reliably give upto 550W, at over 80% efficiency.)
3. Corsair GS600 <-for a card like 6870/6950 (get this if you are getting a high end gpu)

heartripple

In the zone
from my past experience I would suggest to but Corsair TX750 V2 because it will provide enough power to almost all your upgrades....

guru_urug

iGoogle
I'd say a cx430v2 or the fsp sagaII 500w can easily handle the HD6850 also.

Look at this basic value gaming config, it has an Antec Greenearth 430W PSU, now agreed that its better(maybe) but still if it can easily power a 6870(ppl even have safely run a 6950 on it) Im sure that the corsair/fsp will manage upto 6850 well.
System Builder Marathon, Sept. 2011: $500 Gaming PC : A Return To Overclocking

doomgiver

Warframe
from my past experience I would suggest to but Corsair TX750 V2 because it will provide enough power to almost all your upgrades....
oh wow, a nuke for killing an ant, just NO.
i'd not recommend that psu.

The PSH units (VX550/TX750/TX850) are also solidly mid-range. The 750W and 850W are at the maximum of what the PSH platform can provide, and so their performance is less than stellar, especially when it comes to +12V ripple. The VX550 is outclassed by cheaper power supplies, and the TX750 and TX850 aren't usually good bang/buck either, though they are fairly reliable.

The PSH-II platform is a modification of PSH to decrease the cost of manufacture and materials. Performance is usually slightly improved and build quality is similar, although a few small corners were cut.
-source, overclock.net

I'd say a cx430v2 or the fsp sagaII 500w can easily handle the HD6850 also.

Look at this basic value gaming config, it has an Antec Greenearth 430W PSU, now agreed that its better(maybe) but still if it can easily power a 6870(ppl even have safely run a 6950 on it) Im sure that the corsair/fsp will manage upto 6850 well.
System Builder Marathon, Sept. 2011: $500 Gaming PC : A Return To Overclocking

well, but you have to assume some safety margin, no? i'd say a margin of 50-70W is enough in most cases, unless you add a lot of components and overclock and have tons of fans.

cx series is fine. saga ii is just about ok, vx450 has plenty of room for oc and new components, and gs600 is for complete future proofing.
imho, if you need something bigger than a gs600 in a rig less than 70k, you are doing it wrong.

FAQ: Recommended Power Supplies - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

PSU articles - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

guru_urug

iGoogle
even after overclocking to a huge extent the power consumption of phenomII 955be and 6870 is 317W
Power Consumption And Temperatures : System Builder Marathon, Sept. 2011: $500 Gaming PC

Honestly for OP's config a cx430 v2 is enough

most *high end single GPU systems will only need a 500-550w unit.
High End qualifies as: Core i7 920 @ 4.4Ghz, GTX 580 with high air overclocks, 2 HDD, 1 SSD, 1 ODD, 5 x 120mm fans.
There's no need to over buy in the PSU category as half the time you'll be wasting away that nice 80+ Badge by running a unit below 20% load at idle.
source: FAQ: Recommended Power Supplies - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

doomgiver

Warframe
furmark will use close to the limit of the power supply.
always better to have a buffer.

i've not yet read a proper cx430 review, but from what i gather, it will be ok for the task.

also, most psu's give the maximum efficiency near the 80% load mark. so that is another reason to buy a slightly better psu than you need.

also, during gaming/load that nice 80+ badge will be your saviour ;)

also, the better materials and techniques used in the high end psu's will ensure a longer life of your unit.

and some cheap supplies like cooler master extreme power dont have overload protection, so if you draw more power than the unit can supply, it will result in permanent damage to the entire system.

guru_urug

iGoogle
furmark will use close to the limit of the power supply.
always better to have a buffer.

i've not yet read a proper cx430 review, but from what i gather, it will be ok for the task.

also, most psu's give the maximum efficiency near the 80% load mark. so that is another reason to buy a slightly better psu than you need.

also, during gaming/load that nice 80+ badge will be your saviour ;)
I dont doubt what you say. :)
But surely the corsair has overvoltage protection and OP's PC power consumption will still be little less than 80% load of corsair 430W. :))

debugger

Broken In
Get Seasonic S12II 430 80+ Bronze Certified.
Very good build quality and high temp. capacitors.
Will handle most rigs..

Top Bottom