Which Server should be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhuvan123456

Right off the assembly line
Hi Friends!

I wanna start start a flash multiplayer gaming site, and I am expecting more then 20000 visitors on my site!

My main problem is I don't know which server should I go for?
Please tell me configuration, bandwidth required?

For multiplayer gaming, I have to install some sockets on the server, So, Should I should for dedicated server?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
*www.google.co.in/search?hl=en&clie...num=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=gaming+servers&spell=1

OP
B

bhuvan123456

Right off the assembly line
Thanks Rohan_shenoy!
But u didn't get me i think!
I am asking for configuration and bandwidth required for 20000 visitors per day!

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Type of server should depend on type of script you will use.

If you are expecting more then 20000 visitors per day on your site...prefer a VPS. Shared hosting won't fit your site

maxmk

*eitwebguru.com
Yeah, VPS will be a good option but for a long run I would suggest you to go for a dedicated server as 20000 visits + Flash based website may overload VPS as it’s a virtually hosted and downgrade the performance of the website. You can find a dedicated server (Dual Core Intel Core 2 E4600 with dell hardware) at 6,600 INR per month without any control panel (If you want I can provide the hosting company name too).

If budget is the issue you can start the website on a VPS and later you can move to a dedicated server for dedicated resources....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom