Broken In
hi santapg......

im using

cpu:- intel pentium 4 506
mother board:- intel D101GGC
hard disk:- 80GB
dvd writer:- LG wr

i have two ddr slots and im usin 256MB and 512MB rams

i want to buy 1GB ddr2 800 ram newly so that i think my pc speed can increase since i play games which use more ram for processing. In that i want to remove 256MB ram and replace it with 1GB.

i dont use any extra graphic cards.

so please tell me
1. is it possible to add 1gb ram to my pc
2. if possible , 1gb ddr2 800 is enough or should i use another
3. suggest me best graphic cards i can use in sequence of high price to cheaper.

another imp query:
My dvd is not writing or reading anything from cd's. it works well with dvd's.
when i bought that it worked fine i dint remember wether i burn cd's at that time.
so, is there any problem with writer or is my writer is capable of writing dvds only.
also tell me the best dvd writer i could buy around 1500/- in india andhra pradesh.

i'll be waiting for ur precious suggestions, thank u.

Raccoon

Journeyman
Check your mobo documentation on how much RAM it supports in each slot. Very likely it will support 1 GB in one slot.

One GB RAM is quite good, if you are on XP. Better to use 2 x 512 MB in dual channel mode (if supported).

As far as I know, all DVD drives support reading/writing to CDs. If it dosent, something is wrong... try flashing the drive/take it to the service centre.

For new writers I'd go in for a LiteOn or LG. Prices in Poona are around Rs. 1,000 - 1,200.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
For the DVD, is it a DVD writer or a Combo drive (DVD read and CD read+write) ??

if its a DVD writer, and stil not reading CDs, then the CD reading lens must be covered with dust, get a Philips CD/DVD lens cleaner for Rs.110/- from the market and clean the drive.. :)

ur mobo must support dual channel mode (for RAM), so better get 2x512 MB RAM and they wil run in dual channel mode..(as also said by raccoon)... :)

Sony DVD writers are also good, hv been using one since 2 years with almost 60 DVDs and 60-70 CDs burned.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom