Which PC Game has best story line??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The best i Liked was Hitman 2 both gameplay wise and storyline wise....as the game is totally connected with its unique storyline and goes hand in hand with the gameplay....awesome game and definetly a worth play....the rest games havent paid much attention to storyline and stuff :wink:

Mr.47

Broken In
HITMAN I'M MR.47
HITMAN 2 HAD A GREAT ENDING SO DID HITMAN CONTRACTS
WAIT FOR HITMAN 4
ITS CALLED BLOODMONEY

STORY WISE MAX PAYNE 2 WAS REALY TRAGIC
IT BROUGHT TEARS IN MY EYES....OH MONA........

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
IMHO, Max Payne 1 & 2 had the most pwerful story line. You sort of connected with Max as he wnt on his rampages with a 600+ bodycount!

And Half Life 1 had a great storyline as well. Add to that the seamless level loading and the player being forced to view the world through Freemna's viewpoint all the time made up for some immersive game play.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Did any of you guys ever try "Freedom Fighters"? Though the plot-line was with all familiar twists and turns, the alternate-future setting was an exciting game setting to start with.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ctrl_alt_del said:
Did any of you guys ever try "Freedom Fighters"? Though the plot-line was with all familiar twists and turns, the alternate-future setting was an exciting game setting to start with.

i had just played it once....liked its easy playing interface and 3rd person action view......quite good game....but dun ask about the story line cause they aint of much concern to me :lol:

and yea again HL 1 did have a good storyline preciesly the reason why Hl2 had to be done with a even better storyline and Gameplay which it definetly lived upto :D

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Story line something that is always of paramount importance to me whenever I sit down to play a game. I watch each and every FMV, listen to all the dialouges, watch all cutscenes. The gameplay for me will be half complete if I dont know why I am going to suffocate that bugger to death over there!

Coming on to good story lines, Mafia too had a great one. I just loved the old world charm of the game, with so many twist and turns. And the ending was just great! The Mob never forgets!

Charley

Just Do It
Anyhow my personal favourites have to be Max Payne and Soul Reaver,deus ex,Leisure Suit Larry series,Fallout 1 and 2, Final Fantasy 2, and 3,Starcraft.

Solid storyline,characters as well as graphics in one single package.

hard_rock

Salieri Family
Story wise nothing can beat MAFIA the last scene was hearttouching,and Tommy's dialogues are awesome..........they really make u think abt wat he said....I liked the story very much.
Second Is Maxpayne-2.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Story-wise, it has be Max Payne, especially the sequel. And not to mention, Deus Ex and DX: Invisible War. Playing the final levels in the decrepit UNATCO buildings and going through its ruins was just plain freaky and totally eerie.
The other contenders would definitely have to be the Half-Life series, Tribes: Vengeance (a great approach to storytelling, in my opinion) and Doom 3. I thought the way they told the story and the way the events unfolded partly via cutscenes and partly via the PDAs was just great.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
bharathbala2003 said:
:D n wat bout Enter the matrix :wink:

ummm....well i say that was a total dud.....as it could have been way better than expectation....i mean seriously when the game was about to be launched i thought that there is gonna be a good storyline for itself....but nope the story begins from the same length as in The Movie Matrix Reloaded and the part where Niobe and Ghost are sent to intercept a mysterious parcel from the post office and then a series of own masala is added to extend the storyline by adding some sorry looking cut scenes and the end is a total waste i guess.....but overall it was just a plain Ok IMO :wink:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
hmm i know it wasn upto expectations.. but then the graphics was awesome.. :D i first played it on a XBOX n not to say i was addicted to it.. n was playin it for bout 2 days ( not 24 hrs ) until i finished it :D n i do accept the end was also not upto mark..

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
EtM was good in a sense, but the hype surrounding it and gamers' expectations of what the game would turn out to be spoilt it. Fans of the trilogy expected it to be a seamless integration and a true Matrix experience, which it was not.
While it helps give a deeper perspective of the Matrix storyline, it was a console part and that I guess was partly its downfall. The game does a good job of tying the storylines of "Final Flight of the Osiris", Reloaded and Revolutions together, and a lot of what's being said in the movies can only be understood if you've played the game.
Same with "The Matrix Online" MMORPG. A lot of the post-Neo world and the different factions vying for power is pretty much the setting for the game, where you can either ally either with the humans, the machines or the exiles.
So, I guess the only thing that sums up EtM is - "couldve been better" especially when it comes to gameplay and graphics because all Shiny Entertainment and Atari and the Matrix team at WB wanted to do was cash in on the Matrix partywagon real fast, and they didn't mind raising the hype and inconveniencing users by pushing a badly finished game at them.
All in all, a game that's better to watch someone else play rather than play it yourself.

BTW, allwyndlima, you've got to see Final Flight of the Osiris and the rest of the 9 animated shorts in "The Animatrix" to complete the Matrix experience.

And oh, the ending was tied in perfectly with the end of The Matrix Reloaded and a bit of The Matrix Revolutions.

borg

In the zone
Metal Gear Solid series win hands down in the story department. No competition. If u thought Max Payne had a nice story, I don't know what u would have said if u played MGS. The whole game is nothing but a huge, big, mega story.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@enoonmai.....ya i guess Atari had a total let down on the actual Story aspect of it....but rather i wasnt completly stisfied with its co-ordination to the game....the cut scenes look like a total replacement for the Oh-So dull gameplay....i mean yea sure those bullet time Combos and stuff would make u feel as if u were Ghost/Niobe but rather it just didnt click that much....plus the major setback for it was the removal of Neo and hence the game became pale considering no aspect relating to him was provided in it....So i think this was a major fallback for the games storyline as well :wink:

Btw i havent seen the Osiris final Flight yet....i believe it was an 9 min or something additional computer generated Scene i guess....not too sure about it but anyways how is it????? is the Animation Similar to Animatrix????

DKant

In the zone
Max Payne and Deus Ex. Been a long time since I played HL, so I don't remember what it was like. :mrgreen:

And oh, how could I forget the classic : QUAKE III ARENA! ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom