Which one is better on eyes? CRT or LCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
Using 19" Samsung 955DF CRT for almost 5 years and find very much comfortable for my regular 6-10 hours of daily usage.
If you use CRT make sure its a flat screen one bulge monitors prone to cause eye strain.

ancientrites

In the zone
yeah axxo most of the crt comes with flat screen.the distributors in middle east told me they only provide monitors with flat screen.

goobimama

 Macboy
i dont know bro..may be color purity and contrast.even today few graphic designers still use 21 inch crt flat monitor.but i am not graphic designer.majority of my friends own lcd monitors but one of them has imported 22 inch crt flat monitor crysis game looked stunning impressed me lot.i am basically a tradition guy and i like heavy objects heheh..more heavy they are more i like it.this is funny Some times i get a fear like suppose i own lcd monitor and what if cat jumps over it and lcd falls back heheheh....
Now maybe CRTs might give you those few extra colours that a ultra graphics pro needs (for what reason, I don't know.). But I don't think our pretty boy Narangz needs any of that accuracy. Just that he shouldn't go in for the low end 9k 19inchers if he wants good colour reproduction.

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
Now maybe CRTs might give you those few extra colours that a ultra graphics pro needs (for what reason, I don't know.). But I don't think our pretty boy Narangz needs any of that accuracy. Just that he shouldn't go in for the low end 9k 19inchers if he wants good colour reproduction.

So what do you suggest? From what I hear from desiibond The Dell 1908WFP Ultrasharp has some brigtness problems & the SE198WFP is better though the latter is cheaper. desiibond has Dell 1908WFP and he says the colour & text appear crisp & clear.

Some reviewers of Dell 1908WFP also had that brightness problems.

I don't know what to do!!! :confused:

eureca_eureca

In the zone
if u are facing problem Even after refresh rate set to 85 with low brightness , i must check ifu have migrane :)

I used to have :) similar problem with bright white lite , even feels like vomiting

shaunak

Tux Fan
Try taking a 5 min break every 1 hour. Looking into the sky helps me a lot. (You might like to move you computer nearer to your window so you can take breaks more often;))

Plus I found that changing the background of my IDE to black and font color to white helps a lot. Notepad++ is best for this as it allows you to create customised color profiles. You might be able to do something similar in which ever software you use the most.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
for few seconcs white foreground+black background looked better but on prolonged use, black on white looks much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom