Which laptop to purchase.. xps/aspire/HP ?

spacescreamer

Journeyman
Please answer the following questions for others to help you out better.

What's your Budget? 50k
What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Work related viz IBM RAD/Eclipse + Some gaming like Batman Arkham City / Ridge Racer Unbounded types.
What size and weight considerations do you have? Not too stingy about screen size. 15" max
Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Any good brand
Any other considerations? Matt screen will be good. Not at the cost of depreciated clarity.

I been looking at 3 models:

1) Dell XPS 15 - 55k
i5/4GB DDR3/ Nvidia GT540 2GB
Backlit, 2.1 JBL, 1 yr warranty

2) Acer Aspire 5755G - ~46k
i5/4GB DDR3/ Nvidia GT540 2GB
*www.flipkart....a5-1d49dc17bcc5

3) HP Pavillion g6 1201tx - ~43k
i5/4GB DDR3/ AMD Radeon HD 6470M 1GB

4) Acer Aspire 5755G - 37k
Same as (3) but with GT540 1GB

This one has 3 yrs warranty

I am more inclined towards Dell, but friend has been pushing me towards HP.
My only incentive seems to be premium built and the Gfx card. I would rather take the option 4 if i am to cut down on expense.

Query:
1) How justified would be the Dell purchase
2) Been looking up: *www.notebook4...web/pagevga.php

GT540 1GB doesnt looks too depleted compared with the 2GB variation.
How much does the performance goes down ..?

3) How good is AMD Radeon HD 6470M 1GB to play games like Batman Arkham City ?

I am more interested in keeping the price to as low as possible. i5 with 4GB DDR3 and a decent gpu will be fine with me.

Last edited:
OP
S

spacescreamer

Journeyman
HP Pavilion DV6 Series DV6-6121TX

HP Pavilion DV6 Series DV6-6121TX Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

comments ??

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
this
fits your bill nicely at 40k.

The 630 is equivalent to a 540M.

Regarding your query about the impact of 1 Gb ram vs 2 Gb, it doesnt matter at all at this performance level. these chipsets simply cannot utilise anymore than 1 gb ram. if you are getting 2 Gb at the same price, get it, if you have to pay even a couple of hundred rupees more, then i'd say not worth it.

a 540m with 2 Gb is just plain marketing gimmick.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^^
Great gamimg laptop. Mind you runs relatively hot. (expected)
If you can afford it, then you'll have to pay significantly more to get any kind of upgraded performance.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
How about This HP?
Slightly better graphics card (7670 ~ 6650 > GT630 ~ GT540) compared to all the above and rest is same.
Also HP is offering 2 years extended warranty (first year accidental damage + 2 yrs carry in) at just Rs. 999/-.

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
Better Go for Asus K43SA-VX041D @47k
Asus K43SA-VX041D / 2nd Generation Core i7 / 8 GB / 750 GB / DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

OP
S

spacescreamer

Journeyman
How about This HP?
Slightly better graphics card (7670 ~ 6650 > GT630 ~ GT540) compared to all the above and rest is same.
Also HP is offering 2 years extended warranty (first year accidental damage + 2 yrs carry in) at just Rs. 999/-.

I have gone crazy trying to locate stores for HP
They dont have a store locator ? I tried google and every stupid popcorn seller seems to be the dealer of HP laptops.

6121 seems to have been discontinued.

For 7012, one of the store owner said that HP has recently launched it in India.
And i havent been able to find any stores in delhi stocking this via google. Dont want to go the FK way.

Last edited:

CloudS

Broken In
They dont have a store locator ? I tried google and every stupid popcorn seller seems to be the dealer of HP laptops.

For 7012, one of the store owner said that HP has recently launched it in India.
And i havent been able to find any stores in delhi stocking this via google. Dont want to go the FK way.

In place of 6121, there's 6156 edit 6165

Last edited:

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan

Try this HP Re-seller Locator

In place of 6121, there's 6156.

It is 6165tx, out of OP's budget.

ritvij

rated R
if you are looking for good build quality go for the xps.. i have been using xps 15 for quite a while now and am very happy.. plus you get back lit keyboard which is great for the after dark hours...!!

OP
S

spacescreamer

Journeyman
Guys..

Dell XPS 15 (i5 2450M/4GB DDR3/GT540 2GB) - 55k Vs
HP DV6 7012 (i5 2450M/6GB DDR3/Nvidia 630M 2GB) - 50k ..?

And also.. does XPS 15 runs hotter?

sarthak

In the zone
^^^^ XPS has higher temperature during normal operations, but doesn't go too high during gaming. But I have heard that its 720p display is not good.
Don't know about the temps of the new HP, but seeing the specs and price it is much better than XPS.

OP
S

spacescreamer

Journeyman
1) how is toshiba's and asus' performance in india ... i mean in laptop and its after sales...?

2) If i am looking only at i5 proccy and 4GB DDR3 RAM.. then what is the price range i am looking at and post some suggestions pls..
i think this comes the closest: Asus P53E-S0101D
Asus P53E-S0101D / 2nd Gen Ci5 / 4 GB / 750 GB / DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

Last edited:

sarthak

In the zone
^^^^ I dont know about Toshiba's ASS but saw some of there laptops and didn't like them. Asus makes VFM laptops but some of the users have reported many issues with display. ASS varies from place to place...........better ask some local people.
Go here to see i5 laptops from lowest to highest. RAM can upgraded for around Rs.1500-2000 for ones with 2GB.

Top Bottom