Which laptop config is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey

Padawan
I am getting a laptop from US with max budget of 35k. I wanted light lappy with power enough to play casual games. Due to this I opted out of Intel X3100 GMA and looked for nVidia/ATI's discrete graphics solution. After much searching for deals i have opted for Dell Vostro 1400 with the following base config.:

Procy. - Intel C2D 5870 (2 Ghz, 667 MHz FSB)
VGA - nVidia 8400GS
Screen - 14.1"
OS - Win XP (does my job perfectly)
RAM - 2 GB (enough for XP)
Battery - 6 cell
Bluetooth / WiFi
8X DVD Rewriter with Roxio s/w
HDD - 250 GB and so on

Now I have some money left with me and with which i have following options -

Option 1: Go with the above config and save the money.
Option 2: Go for Vista Home Premiun and add 1 more Gig of RAM (total RAM - 3 GB)
Option 3: Go for better procy. - Intel T7250 (2 GHz with 800 MHz FSB)
Option 4: Add 9-cell battery.

Except for option 1 all other options will add up to nearly same price (still under budget).
What option should I opt for?

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Thanx for the replies but may I know the reason too. I have to finalise on the config by tomorrow.

Sourabh

Laptoping
If you're buying it directly from Dell USA, hunt for the best deal using coupon or special promotions. I would suggest getting a Dell laptop from retailers like BestBuy. You get a good bundle as these are pre-configured by Dell in bulk for sale in the retail market. As your budget is strictly between $800 - $900, you should look at this Gateway (it's a new model, released just a few hours ago).

Other good VFM gaming laptop, is this ASUS. Steal for $1050 price.

These can be purchased from BestBuy outlets directly or have them shipped for a small fee. Regarding the Vostro, if you're hell bent on Windows XP, order before 18th. That's the last day to order a system with OEM XP license.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
I have been searching bestbuy, dealsofamerica, deals2buy and many more places for the past 1 month but could not find better config. My upper budget limit is $800. I got few discount coupons but either they didn't apply to the lappies I wanted or they asked for min config price of $999. This all was pushing my budget to $900 or more (after taxes).

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Either get one with 800MHz bus speed or get 8600M or 9500M instead of 8400GS

Status
Not open for further replies.