Which lap Thosiba or lenovo

prajeeshxrd

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I am planning to buy a laptop and i done so many research in many of the online shops and i found two branded laps which is close to my expectations. Because i am working in a software industry and i will rum some good softwares like Labview, RVDS, AutoCad, OrCad v16, ProE, Keil, MathLab, Simulink etc and i will play some games too.

1. Thoshiba L850-Y5130
3rd gen i7 3630QM varient clock speed 2.4 to 3.4 ghz
HDD 750 Gb. RAM 8GB, 2GB Graphics memory. Graphics processor ATI Radeon HD 7670M. RS 59996/

2. Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (59-339356) Laptop
3rd Gen Ci7 3612 QM 1TB 8GBRAM Win7 2GB Graph. Graphics processor NVidia GT630M GFX. clock speed 2.1 to 3.1 GHZ. RS 61525/
For me both the configurations looks almost same. But Toshiba clock speed is more but the HDD is less. Here i want to know other terms like quality(build quality), failure rate, problems like heating, etc. Why i am choosing i7 because i don't want to update for next 5 years and i want a good quality one. I hope some experts can help me decide which one i should buy. Please don't tell about other brands because with this price rating i think these two configurations are the best ones available in Indian online shopping websites.

Warm regards
Prajeesh

$hadow

Geek in making
I dont think so man have you checked out y500 from lenovo and samsung so5in. Both of yours laptops stand no where if you compare with these they have powerful and best in class graphic card with lenovo having backlit keyboard and full hd screen while samsung having a powerful processor with a blueray disk drive and both bout 63k.
I suggest you do not buy any of the laptop you if you want to game on your machine both the machine have a fairly weak graphic card hence you compare it with mine suggested latops.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
shadow I laughed out loud after reading your suggestion...soo many typos :D :D and it made it soo damn funny

tink=think
blue ray dick drive = disk drive :D
hen = hence

sorry i just could not stop myself ...please dont mind :)

$hadow

Geek in making
shadow I laughed out loud after reading your suggestion...soo many typos :D :D and it made it soo damn funny

tink=think
blue ray dick drive = disk drive :D
hen = hence

sorry i just could not stop myself ...please dont mind :)

Looks like this swipe keyboard is starting to pain in my ass. Just switched back to orignal samsung keyboard thanks for pointing out man

OP
P

prajeeshxrd

Right off the assembly line
I dont think so man have you checked out y500 from lenovo and samsung so5in. Both of yours laptops stand no where if you compare with these they have powerful and best in class graphic card with lenovo having backlit keyboard and full hd screen while samsung having a powerful processor with a blueray disk drive and both bout 63k.
I suggest you do not buy any of the laptop you if you want to game on your machine both the machine have a fairly weak graphic card hence you compare it with mine suggested latops.

Hi Shadow,

I asked about quality, failure rate, heating problems etc..i don't bothered about back light key board and all. I saw in lenovo forum most of the people giving "con" as software failure and touch pad failure...

Top Bottom