Which keyboard to buy?

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I'm going to buy a Keyboard as My present keyboard is not working, anymore.

I can shell around 700 INR. I type a lot. So, No compromise on ergonomics and comfort.

No need for media/other extra keys. The backspace key should a bit wider, though.

I've shortlisted these two.

Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

The MS one looks great. But, the reviews say it's not good for typists. On the side, the Dell KB212 is cheaper and has some good reviews. Which one should I go for?

Open to other suggestions also?

ankush28

Bazinga
If you are heavy "typer" search local shops for Mechanical keyboard by HP. You can get one for ~900 bucks. They are much better then el-cheapo KBs on fk.

$hadow

Geek in making
For typing I guess mechanical keyboards will do well.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
If you are heavy "typer" search local shops for Mechanical keyboard by HP. You can get one for ~900 bucks. They are much better then el-cheapo KBs on fk.
Is this, this one : KEYBOARD - HP FF861AA | HP Mechanical Keyboard

doomgiver

Warframe
So, did you buy it? What happened? Was it truly mechanical? Or regular membrane one?

OP
Shah

Shah

Cyborg Agent
So, did you buy it? What happened? Was it truly mechanical? Or regular membrane one?

Not yet. Checked the local stores, HP FF861AA is no where available in my locality. Still searching for an alternative. Will try my luck at Richie Street if I visit Chennai. Currently using a mini membrane keyboard that I bought for my laptop.

rickenjus

In the zone
I will recommend tvs gold mechanical keyboard, I am using one since last two years, no hiccups till now.

OP
Shah

Shah

Cyborg Agent
So, I recently bumped into a guy online who claims to be a TVS keyboard dealer. He said that he can get me working and used Gold and Gold Bharat keyboards for cheap. He quoted 300INR + 135INR(shipping) for eGold keyboard and 500INR + 135INR(shipping) for eGold Bharat. I wonder if the deals are worth considering .

Also, what's the difference between TVS Gold and Gold Bharat keyboards? Which one should I prefer?

P.S. This is an old thread started by me. I bought a Zebronic ZEB-K09B keyboard after the discussion here as I couldn't find any mechanical keyboard in my budget back then. That keyboard was comfortable to my wrists and was working well until the ants decided to raid it. :-x So, I am now again in search of a keyboard at the same budget as before. I just wonder if I should get a used Mechanical keyboard or some other new keyboards.

doomgiver

Warframe
tvs gold vs tvs gold baharat = bharat has a "rupee" symbol. thats it.

imo, it should be ok to get a used mechanical keyboard, they last a long time.
just MAKE SURE to check the keyboard thoroughly before accepting/paying for it.

OP
Shah

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Will go for TVS Gold in that case. I won't be using the rupee symbol anyway. Thanks for the reply. :)

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman

Yup, the Tvs gold mechanical keyboards probably last more than the computer itself. My tvs gold keyboard is still prefect and going strong since 1996(yes you heard that right).
I have had many costlier Logitechs including wireless combos from Microsoft, hp etc. Nothing come close to the feel and durability of a tvs gold.

Those things simply don't die out. Although, now the quality isn't as good as in the past. Still, it's worth every penny.

OP
Shah

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Yup, the Tvs gold mechanical keyboards probably last more than the computer itself. My tvs gold keyboard is still prefect and going strong since 1996(yes you heard that right).
I have had many costlier Logitechs including wireless combos from Microsoft, hp etc. Nothing come close to the feel and durability of a tvs gold.

Those things simply don't die out. Although, now the quality isn't as good as in the past. Still, it's worth every penny.

After a lot of discussions with my mom, Finally placed an order for a new one itself from eBay. It set me back by 1.9k INR.

AbstractObtuse

New to this forum
Not yet. Checked the local stores, HP FF861AA is no where available in my locality. Still searching for an alternative. Will try my luck at Richie Street if I visit Chennai. Currently using a mini membrane keyboard that I bought for my laptop.

Dear Sir
If you are looking for mechanical keyboard, please stretch your budget a bit. Its listed on eBay for Rs.2200.
TVS-E Bharat Gold mechanical keyboard is the one that I bought on eBay for Rs.2099 after applying a discount voucher.

OP
Shah

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Dear Sir
If you are looking for mechanical keyboard, please stretch your budget a bit. Its listed on eBay for Rs.2200.
TVS-E Bharat Gold mechanical keyboard is the one that I bought on eBay for Rs.2099 after applying a discount voucher.

First of all, the post you quoted is 6 months old. Also, did you read the post above yours? I have already bought a new TVS-e Bharat Gold for 1.9k INR.