which keyboard format you use

Which keybroad layout you use

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
out of curiosity by seeing the thread started by ashfame... i wanna know how many use different keybroad format.... if u wanna improve ur typing skills then just read this little article and then have a look at the source

"Hold your hands on the Dvorak diagram and pretend to type something. See for yourself"

Randy Cassingham
switched to Dvorak, his speed went from 50 to over 100 WPM.

Sharyl
"I was typing at a job for 12 years. My hands would hurt after a day’s work, and there came a point when they didn’t stop hurting overnight. I was going to have to quit my job, when a friend told me about Dvorak. I went home one weekend, and practiced for maybe 3 or 4 hours over the course of the weekend.
I went back on Monday, and typed Dvorak. I have now been using it for 4 years now, my speed is about the same as it was, as I don’t need it that much. But now my hands do not hurt at the end of the day. This saved my job". -

Laron,
age 20, states "I learned to type Qwerty in high school. I was typing at 32 WPM. After graduation I learned about Dvorak. I switched, it took me about a week, there is definitely less jumping over the keys. I now type at 60 or so WPM. We are in the modern day, so why type like they did 120 years ago?"

Jeff Bigler
states – "The greatest benefit I’ve found is that, in addition to feeling more comfortable, the typing related discomfort I was beginning to experience in my wrists and forearms diminished, even though the amount of typing I was doing remained constant. I believe that Dvorak’s claims that his layout requires less ‘hurdling’ over keys and less total finger travel are true, and that this is more or less directly responsible for the reduction in RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) symptoms that I have experienced."
"Was making the switch worth it? Yes, because of the ergonomic benefits. Would I recommend it to other people? Yes, particularly if you have RSI problems from typing. When you first make the switch, the unfamiliar layout will slow you down, helping your injured arms and wrists heal. Once your Dvorak speed catches up with your qwerty speed (which it will) you will likely find typing more comfortable, and it may be less likely that your RSI will recur."

Source: *dvorak-keyboards.com/

This Dvorak layout is used for increasing speed, accuracy in typing and prevents pain in hands.

First Dvorak layout is for people with both hand, and second & third pic with single hands.

*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i753893_Dvorak.jpg

This is Qwerty keybroad layout which is used commonly... less efficient, with lesser speed and accuracy and causes more pain.

*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i753969_QWERTY.jpg

Last edited:
OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
xbonez said:
qwerty. i wonder who's the single guy using dvorak
there are many people who have shifted from qwerty to dvorak for speed, less pain and accuracy.

@nightmare

can u tell us ur speed on dvorak keyboard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom