Which is better???

pranav.seth

Journeyman
Hi guys,
as i was going across the dell site, i saw a pc with Core 2 Quad Q8220+ATI Radeon 4350 and another one with Core i3+Nvidia G310. Which of the following comboes are better for mediocre gaming, hd movies(full) and both the purposes on a 32 inch tv?????

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
Better you avoid them both, assemble it yourself. It will kick these two outta your league.

Whats your budget?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^
Better you avoid them both, assemble it yourself. It will kick these two outta your league.

Whats your budget?

absoluetly, HD4350 as well as GT310 slowest modern card available on market. even a 9400GT will be faster than it.

@pranav.seth, why the heck are you running after branded PCs? or is it for some relative?

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
my parents want no support problem so they want to buy a branded pc. I want a assembled pc only but they are saying if anything goes wrong then?? But if still we want to go in for these then which is the best shot???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
than? what will you get from a Dell PC that you can't get from a assembled PC? if something goes wrong, you'll have to take the PC to a service centre (if Dell have one at your city) & you'll get it back after a month time or maybe less. in short, Branded or Assembled, both comes with assured headache if something goes wrong.

if you have poised one getting a branded, get some Acer or HP or Lenovo PC. not Dell.

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
no graphic card available in them!!!!
i wanted to know that which is the best site for online buying....i did not like smc as they have a bit limited choices and i think that theitdepot.com is quite good as they have choices. is it safe???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
to get a graphics card you'll need spend ~40k. gt310 & HD4350 comparable to IGP. so useless.

if going to assemble, best choice is get parts from different sites. some from SMC (proccy, mobo, ram & HDD price is really good) & rest from IT wares (PSU & graphics card specially).

pushkar

Journeyman
than? what will you get from a Dell PC that you can't get from a assembled PC? if something goes wrong, you'll have to take the PC to a service centre (if Dell have one at your city) & you'll get it back after a month time or maybe less. in short, Branded or Assembled, both comes with assured headache if something goes wrong.

if you have poised one getting a branded, get some Acer or HP or Lenovo PC. not Dell.
In case of Dell, HP, etc., you don't need to take your PC to a service centre. They provide in-home service. You just make a complaint through a toll free number and they send the replacement parts at your home with a technician. Depending on where you live, they offer next business day or 3rd business day service, i.e. the technician will take maximum three days to reach your home. It doesn't take A MONTH to get the problem fixed, at least in case of Dell.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ yes but warranty is 1yr only, whereas almost all the parts of a PC have minimum 3yrs warranty & some have even 10yrs warranty. so 1yr vs 3yr & also paying more, to me its no brainer.

Piyush

Lanaya
assemble pc are easier to handle as by my experience
and as already said by sam,assembled pc parts have more warranty period than the former

icebags

Technomancer
many computer parts/retailer shop nowadays provide home service. they may not give a replacement pc or part while ur machine part is away for fixing, but they will do the hassle of taking and bringing those - for some charge.

however, pc stuff tend to get outdated a bit faster. therefore if ur mobo/ proccie goes bad after 2 yrs, u may be out of luck.

i remember MSI once replaced my 2+ yr old ATI x200 mobo with a crap VIA chipset, and many of my games refused to run thereafter. but, before that, they just wanted pay us off with rs.900 or something like that, saying those products are outdated now.

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
will buy core i3 rig from HCL and add a 5750....suggest good 2.1 speakers with good bass under 1k :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ how? will HCL hold its warranty if you tamper with their product? also they use 300W PSU (branded 80%+) but won't hold a HD5750.

OP
P

pranav.seth

Journeyman
@asigh u will not be able to see it on the net....when u go to their office and ask for models then they show it to you.
@sam HCL will hold the warranty (i asked them). you can change ur cabinet from those small and slender ones to good airy and boxy types and u can also increase psu wattage. i think their psu will support as HCL has option for nvidia quadro gfx cards so i don't think HD5770 or 5750 would be an issue.
a question- if i order anything from the it depot what will be the payment options???can i pay by cheque on delivery???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ bank transfer. & check on delivery? you mean get product than pay? not possible.