Which Internet connection should I opt for in Kolkata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello! :)
I wanted to get myself a DataOne connection but they are telling me that I have to apply for a BSNL landline first and will have to pay a monthly rent of Rs. 170 for it plus an initial deposit of Rs. 500. This sucks! :(

Is there any other company that will give me a Broadband connection with a 2 Mbps speed and at least six hours of unlimited traffic each day like BSNL does? Does Airtel have some such plan?

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
At this point of time, there is no other deal to beat BSNL's monthly 500 bucks + six hours of daily unmetered bandwidth + upto 2Mbps connection speed.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
airtel is costlier than bsnl.....but at night they give double the speeds, for wichever unltd plan u opt for

i guess u gotta shell out >900buks for 256kbps unlimited

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
interested in cable broadband connection? Alliance gives you 256kbps unltd for 560/pm and 348kbps unltd for 785/pm, the only hitch in this u have to shell out around 1400buks as initial charges.

Hulo

Broken In
Me too. I'm using Dataone right from its launch and its performance could not have been better. I get almost 1.5 Mbps speed and uninterrupted connection. Their customer service is said to be horrible...but I never required it.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Their customer service is horrible, no doubt. Over here in Maharashtra, they don't allow changes to your monthly plan for at least three months of usage. That means if you're selecting a BSNL Dataone plan, you're stuck with it for at least three months whether you like it or not, and you can't change it within that period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom