which external HDD will be good

jaimin100

Journeyman
hello all mates,

need sugestion which extrenal device shall i buy,there are lots of offfer going on suggest me one under 4000/- for 1 tb or 2tb

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Under 4k you will only find 1TB HDDs. Look for Adata HV620 / WD Elemets or passport series HDDs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
since you have bought it so just read this & handle the cable insertion very carefully:
Toshiba Canvio, any good? - Hard Drives - Storage

OP
jaimin100

jaimin100

Journeyman
hey bro i purchased and m feeeling unhappy because it is not deteced in my pc,however it worked in laptop of my friends.
any sollution?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
maybe the given cable is not fitting properly into your pc usb ports,try with another cable(any normal usb 2.0 cable will do).also try back usb ports as they sometimes fit better with some usb cables compared to usb ports on front side of cabinet.

OP
jaimin100

jaimin100

Journeyman
i tried with different usb 2.0 cable some tik tik type of sound is coming from it. what the hell is this sound

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
tik tik sound from hdd usually means it is dying.download & run crystaldiskinfo portable zip version(no need to install) on a system where this hdd is working & post screenshot of values here(use imgur).

OP
jaimin100

jaimin100

Journeyman
not detected in that soft too!!
nayway i apply for return letsee how amazon deal with it becuase i have not used more than week and this problem occurs and i think i will lost 700gbs movie which i collected/downloaded :p
tik tik sound from hdd usually means it is dying.download & run crystaldiskinfo portable zip version(no need to install) on a system where this hdd is working & post screenshot of values here(use imgur).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is just my viewpoint but i never purchase hdd online because i don't trust courier companies handling for a delicate item like hdd(partly because they don't consider it delicate like glass).I would rather spend a few hundred more & buy it from the main/official distributor of sseagate or WD in major pc markets of country like nehru place(delhi) or lamington road(mumbai).

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i bought once two years back when it was not available offline. it was a seagate 2tb external drive bought from flipkart. it was packed nicely and i am still using it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Using one and the drive is absolutely fine. Only con is the supplied USB 3.0 cable with it which is just too short. Got a storite usb 3.0 cable from amazon which is working excellently with the HDD.

OP
jaimin100

jaimin100

Journeyman
i returned product and lost data :p agian downloading that movie

- - - Updated - - -

i will go with seagtae 1tb or wd element 1tb

Top Bottom