Which external 1TB HDD to buy ?

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Hi friends,

I want to buy a 1TB external HDD for backup purpose and my budget is around 5K. Please suggest me a good and reliable external HDD.

I am planning to buy it tomorrow. Please advice.

Thanks,

SB.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Go for Seagate Freeagent GoFlex Desk. (upto 3 TB exist)

A 1TB will cost you around Rs.5000.

While it will be supplied with a USB cable cum adapter, one can optionally get a USB3 or Firewire or esata cable cum adapter, of course for a price.

You may search for "Saegate GoFlex" on ebay.in and find many listed there from Indian vendors. This will give you an idea of the prices even if you decide to go in search of it locally.

(I normaly buy on ebay. I have just yesterday ordered a 750GB GoFlex ultraportable (not the Desk) for Rs.6460 on Global Easy Buy of ebay.in -a 1TB costs around 9.5K. May take another fortnight for delivery)

Juventis1981

Broken In
I just came across this deal on FishTheDeal - Seagate 1TB FreeAgent External Hard Drive for a 1TB Freeagent Desk for Rs 3926 .
I have never shopped with them but checked them out on facebook , and they look reliable.

Does anyone know about FishTheDeal.com? It looks like an interesting site with a humorous tone...or I should say devilish humor.

Whats your take , should I buy it from them? The only issue is that they have very few netbanking options but the deal is too good to lose! I am in a dilemma!

Juventis1981

Broken In
I finally did it, I went ahead and bought the Seagate 1TB from fishthedeal.com
Will update you guys, when I receive the shipment.:-D

Juventis1981

Broken In
I got my 1TB seagate Freeagent go from fishthedeal.com yesterday evening.:grin::clap2:

That was pretty quick.

These guys followed up with a very humorous mail sending me the tracking number.
And today I received the parcel in a cool mail.

Immediately when the courier company delivered, there was a call from their side confirming if I have received the courier or not.
Nice and interesting concept.

Top Bottom